MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Which is the best plugin for a blog in mybb?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know any script can be added along with mybb to add a blog. But is it possible to add a blog in mybb like other paid forums?

And also will it need a separate database for it? Because its for a small site of mine. And its hosted in a package which only has one database.
you can try using this simple system => MyBBlog
it does not need another database.
(2020-04-30, 03:35 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can try using this simple system => MyBBlog
it does not need another database.

If I choose to use wordpress then is it recommended to use another database?
wordpress & MyBB can be installed on the same database.
but its better to have separate database for each system.
The thing is that I will be moving to a better hosting within 6 months or so. Until then I was kind of hoping that this arrangement to work.??!!!
^ you can use MyBB & Wordpress on the same database. there should be no serious problems with it.
Best thing to do if you are installing them to the same database is ensure you have table prefixes set up for both when you install them to minimise any conflict.
So, I installed the plugin 'Mybblog'. But I am not sure how to operate it and also I am not seeing any option to write & publish any post.

And when I am logging in its saying you don't have permission. Currently I have installed it in my localhost to test it.
^ forumURL/mybblog.php should work.
it has group based permissions. check MyBBlog settings in forum admin panel. [image]

[MyBBlog release thread]
(2020-05-02, 05:24 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ forumURL/mybblog.php should work.
it has group based permissions. check MyBBlog settings in forum admin panel. [image]

[MyBBlog release thread]

Hello M, I have been reviewing Drupal. But seeing this plugin I am convinced that this might do it. Although I am not sure why all the members are able to edit the articles in this plugin?!!

Can you refer which file to modify in order to rename the blog to "mysite.com/blog"?
Pages: 1 2 3