MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Password recovery is not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Esteemed,
I am new here. I installed and configured Mybb 1.8.21. It is working very well. New users can register normally and already registered users can use the forum normally. It happens that users who tried to change their passwords are failing. The password exchange request procedure within Mybb works normally, however the two links sent by email are not working. Open a blank page and nothing happens.

My question is about what to do to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance!
can you temporarily disable plugins & check if password reset mail link works ..

forum admin panel >> configuration (settings) >> General Configuration --> Disable All Plugins
(2020-05-02, 02:38 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]can you temporarily disable plugins & check if password reset mail link works ..

forum admin panel >> configuration (settings) >> General Configuration --> Disable All Plugins
Dear .m.,

I disabled the plugins. In fact, this installation of mine had no plugin. But I still disabled them in the general settings. It turns out that the recovery links present in the e-mails sent still do not work. I happen to be using the forum in the Portuguese Brazil language and in one part of the link the following appears at the end:

"/member.php?action=resetsenha"

What else can I do, because my client, owner of the portal where this forum is, wants me to solve this problem.

I thank you for your attention.

(2020-05-02, 02:38 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]can you temporarily disable plugins & check if password reset mail link works ..

Complementing:

When you click on one of the two links in the body of the email, a blank screen will continue to open.
OK people. Problem solved.

It was just a matter of nomenclature. As he suspected, but he was not finding where to see.

Following the thread guidance posted by Devilshakerz, I saw where the message and link files are.

To solve the problem it was relatively simple. Hit replace the expression, "resetsenha", with, "resetpassword"

So it works normally.

The file containing these and other expressions is: "messages.lang.php"

It is located in the following sequence of folders inside your server where Mybb is installed and configured:

"/ inc / languages / portugues_brasil"

Well I think this solves the problem of the link not loading anything.

Thanks again.