MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Customize the contact page..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have 3 quick questions: 

1. How do I add content to the "contact" form?

To make a very long story short, I am setting up a forum of my family's business, and I am trying to edit the contact form, to add areas where our clients can add more information when they contact us.

I have managed to play around with the contact templates, and I was able to add a field where people can enter their name, as well as their email address, subject, and the details of their email to us.

[Image: xYT6L3R.png]

However, when I sent a test email from the updated form, the email only included, the email address, subject, details, and the ip address of the sender. This is the exact structure of the email.

Quote:Email: [email protected]
Forum Profile:
IP: 123.456.789.012

I would like the email to say:

Quote:Email: [email protected]
Forum Profile: 
IP: 123.456.789.012
Subject: lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..
Message: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

2. How/where do I edit in the contact php file to reflect the edits I made, so that the email includes all of the information.?

3. How do I change the incoming message from the contact form? 

I would like to change the incoming message from the contact form, to say something like:

Quote:Hello, <forum admin username> you have a new question or comment from <forum username> or <name in email (if unregistered)>

Instead of:

Quote:Contact: <email subject>

This is very important, because I am using the MyBB contact page, to be a temporary solution for a contact us page from the main website, that is until I can figure out how to center the form itself, since no matter what I do, it always aligns itself to the left. And so, until I can fix this annoying issue, I have decided to use the MyBB Contact Us page, to handle both the forum and website related emails from our clients and members.

Disclaimer: I have no coding experience, what-so-ever, skinning/themeing and making graphics for them is more my thing, but I am pretty handy with both Notepad and Notepad++.

That being said, I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you in advance for your time, and I look forward to your response.
I'm afraid you may have to manually edit the file ./contact.php if you want to add additional form fields.

For the email format/content, maybe you could take a look at the language you use, look for entries email_contact_subject and email_contact in messages.lang.php.
Hi Noyle, thank you very much for the reply, do you happen to know where in the contact.php file I'd have to make the changes?
So, it's been a few days, any idea on where in the contact.php file I'd have to make the changes?

I have posted 2 updates, because I am not sure where in the contact.php file I need to edit to add the changes for the new information. I am afraid that I'll make the wrong decision, and permanently mess up the contact form and the forum itself.