MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Hidden Tag"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think it'd be pretty obvious that there was warez on the forum. You just need to do a such for "I wnt M$ Orrifice" or "GET FR33 STUF H3RE" Wink

Really though. I don't see this much of a problem (at the minute?). To be truthful, warez forums usually have lots of addons/junk which means this is the preferred board at the minute.

And it does have a legitmate reasons.
Im not too impressed with some of members in this community.
I thought this community is more friendly.
I think we should help each other with things instead of accusing others.
Im not too happy here.

Thats one of reasons why I do not use vbulletin. Their members in vbb community are not very friendly and greedy. so I wont waste $200 on their product.

I think Da Dude should help.

I don't believe that anyone here has been unfreindly about this, we're just pointing out that there was once a rule that made distributing mods like this forbidden and we're just following that rule.

Another thing to point out, is that the requests forum is exactly that, a forum for requests. That does not mean that every mod requested will be made for certain.
Quote: - Another thing to point out, is that the requests forum is exactly that, a forum for requests. That does not mean that every mod requested will be made for certain.

Very true.

But also there is a mod out for RC4 that allows you to set the guests not to view posts till they sign up, this is the same as having the "Hidden" text on threads. So really you guys have broke the rule already if you think of it that way.

Anyhows im sure some roag coder will make it and release it on other sites, just a shame tho.
Which mod are you referring to?

The only mod I can think of that you might mean is "Login to view more", which is not exactly the same. This mod simply makes it so as guests can only see the first 250 characters of a thread before they are asked to login. This isn't quite the same as the mod that was requested originally in this thread.
I think this is censorship to restrict any kind of mods.

also there are many uses for hidden tags.

for example... large images can be in [hide] [/hide] and more.

musicalmidget Wrote:Which mod are you referring to?

The only mod I can think of that you might mean is "Login to view more", which is not exactly the same. This mod simply makes it so as guests can only see the first 250 characters of a thread before they are asked to login. This isn't quite the same as the mod that was requested originally in this thread.

Yes thats the mod i was talking about, but you can set it to less than 250 mate you could have it at 1 and thats the same thing.

ELY_M Wrote:I think this is censorship to restrict any kind of mods.

also there are many uses for hidden tags.

for example... large images can be in [hide] [/hide] and more.

Yeah i also see what your saying mate, some people would like to see images some not in posts, and if a thread is full of them then the hidden tags would be very usefull.
vbulletin allows "lockdown" mod similar to hide tags
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthrea...t=lockdown

Pages: 1 2