MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Promotion system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need a promotion system.
Like when a member gets a curtan ammount of post, reputation, or days registed; they get promoted to a new user group...

Exsample:

Member -> Super Member -> Ultra Member

Ultra members would get there own forum and all that nice stuff for being a member for so long...
Exclamation
I figure no one cares. :neautral:
Isn't this already in? I thought it would be a standard feature if there are user groups.... at least for number of posts. And noone wants to make mods until Gold comes out.
Well, this is quite hard to do, you know. It takes a lot of changes to make the usertitles be defined via member rating (believe me, i know). But you want them to be defined through post OR reputation OR days registered. That is three times as much. I don't think i'll be doing this, not even for gold.
The forum creation is very easy, though.
Its not that much work

I just did a mod of my own board last night which sets user groups to members dependent upon their reputation

its quite a quick and dirty hack thats why I aint released it - but it works.

v_Ln
v_Ln Wrote:Its not that much work

I just did a mod of my own board last night which sets user groups to members dependent upon their reputation

v_Ln

Why don't you show us your code, then some people here can clean it up for you. =D
v_Ln Wrote:Its not that much work

v_Ln
I also made one for the reputation and I did release it Smile