MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Minmum Characters in Post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Would it be possible to ensure that a post is over X characters - like in admin panel you can set a max number of characters but I want to be able to set a minimum as well to stop one word posts like "lmao"

v_Ln
But then whats to stop then from posting

lmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmao lmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmao lmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmao lmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmao lmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmao lmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmao

etc??
Nothing. But it stops posts like
"..." or "Smile"
which is more annoying than lmaolmaolmao. Only useful for when your forum is frequented by people who's average IQ is less than their age Smile

EDIT: If it's not in the next version of MyBB I'll make this mod.
Will have a look @ this, was already planning this Smile
Update: i got it working for new reply's. i'm adding some stuff, and need to incorparate it in new topic etc..

expect it for tomorrow (monday).

Update2: Almost finished. Just need to make some english text & make it work with quick reply
And done...
This will be my last mod for RC4 Smile
http://www.mybbmods.com/view.php?did=84
looks perfect - thanks

am working on a mod myself atm (a different one) - once finished will give this one a go and let you know how i got on Smile

v_Ln
* Alan Crisp wonders how come this thread suddenly appeared to the announcements forum. O_o

Nevermind, back we go. Big Grin
decswxaqz Wrote:Nothing. But it stops posts like
"..." or "Smile"
which is more annoying than lmaolmaolmao. Only useful for when your forum is frequented by people who's average IQ is less than their age Smile

EDIT: If it's not in the next version of MyBB I'll make this mod.

[Little OT]
I took one of those "free online IQ" tests and scored 41... just goes to show...
Can you tell us what you updated please?
Pages: 1 2