MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How many of these are not acceptable behavior?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A poll simply to see current overall opinion on say unacceptable behavior/tactics as this is a subject I have observed over the years as being a source of frustration or building rage for many over the years and often the cause of losing such valued members, users and or contributors over the years. So I am indeed simply curious to see how the general collective community current mindset opts to select these poll items

Poll choices:

Quote:1) redistributing, promoting or using ripped themes or other such works

2) claiming ripped themes or other such works as your own works

3) copying various elements from ripped themes or other such works into your work and claiming it as your own works in the hopes that people will not readily notice such copied content used in your works

4) continuing any such works that you may have gotten permission to say continue/update/enhance but then opted on removing any original author or past contributor credits without permission or in direction contradiction to license/release terms as to attempt to claim it as only your own works

5) doing any of the 4 above and attempting to sell said works as your own works

6) not distribute/redistribute/promote/sell ripped works

7) not include elements in your work from ripped distributions and or attempt to sell items that contain such

8) always credit original authors and contributors

9) only sell items that are your works or if such does include contributions from others and usage permission has been granted still provide contribution and or source credits in your works

10) respect community usage guidelines, standards and rules and help advise others in the community when found to be be in violation of such to also respect and follow such so as to help instill and continue a tradition of appreciation for an ever growing community comprised of free volunteers and free contribution providers and keep it a community environment where said contributors wish to stay and continue such.
Could you elaborate into which is the point of this? Of course it might be to get an insight into community expectations or something of that sort, but your actual objective of this questionnaire isn't clear to me.
(2020-05-11, 12:53 AM)OmarĀ G. Wrote: [ -> ]Could you elaborate into which is the point of this? Of course it might be to get an insight into community expectations or something of that sort, but your actual objective of this questionnaire isn't clear to me.

The objective is rather clear being to see what answers are chosen and of them what ones seem to be placed in the mind as higher priority based on overall selection count of the users. One it is something I am sure I am not the only one curious about, two it is a mental reminder of things that sometimes might be forgotten not just here but in other communities as well and three may be a helpful thought process initiator for community admins and moderators to discuss when creating, initiating and or implementing say similar guidelines or standards in thier respective communities. While not neccessarily related to the previous mentioned 3 objectives I am also interested in seeing the results on the general mindset/vibe personally for my own usages as such results may relate to a specific project choice I may or may not (re)/initiate that I have placed on hold after observing some specific user behavioral patterns over time that initiated once again my pondering of this overall relative subject matter/topic, while also I will add in all good humour that I was rewatching the south park episode involving tos/aup recently and it also started me thinking on this subject again of what is or is not priority, heeded or ignored by users, lol