MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: twilight wrongly implemented ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

The twilight style is implemented in /images/colors/..

twilight_header.png
twilight_tcat.png
twilight_thead.png

As far as I can see twilight_tcat.png doesn't differ from water_tcat.png or images/tcat.png and is black instead of coloured.
Has this been overlooked ?
(2020-05-11, 02:36 PM)snb Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

The twilight style is implemented in /images/colors/..

twilight_header.png
twilight_tcat.png
twilight_thead.png

As far as I can see twilight_tcat.png doesn't differ from water_tcat.png or images/tcat.png and is black instead of coloured.
Has this been overlooked ?

Why do you think it is wrongly implemented?  That is how it was designed in around 2010 as Apart Twilight prior to it then later being implemented as part of the 1.8 default theme

[Image: 1830-1280704091-Screenshot%20-%20Index.png]

As you can see in the install resources dir mybb_theme_colors.xml for twilight color in 1.8

a:link,
a:visited,
a:hover,
a:active {
	color: #426276;
}

#logo {
	background: #273a46 url(images/colors/twilight_header.png) top left repeat-x;
	border-bottom: 1px solid #1d2b34;
}

#header ul.menu li a {
	color: #fff;
}

#panel input.button {
	background: #273a46 url(images/colors/twilight_thead.png) top left repeat-x;
}

.thead {
	background: #273a46 url(images/colors/twilight_thead.png) top left repeat-x;
	border-bottom: 1px solid #1d2b34;
}

.thead input.textbox,
.thead select {
	border: 1px solid #1d2b34;
}

.popup_menu .popup_item:hover {
	background: #426276;
}

.tt-suggestion.tt-is-under-cursor {
    background-color: #426276;
}

.pagination a:hover {
	background-color: #426276;
	border-color: #1d2b34;
}

Tcat is not defined there as it is defined in global.css as is the same with several other colors of the apart series because the tcat is the same and while yes you could define the tcat in each to pull the respective tcat img from the colors dir, it takes less styling to implement it as is and in theory the unused tcats in colors dir could be removed too as when instead of having a handful of apart series themes the 1.8 default combined them all into one thus not necessarily needing the duplicated tcat as the default tcat is the same as those not defined in respective color stylesheet, just saying

While yes you could define it in the respective color stylesheet for example:

.tcat {
	background: #0f0f0f url(images/colors/twilight_tcat.png) repeat-x;
	border-top: 1px solid #444;
	border-bottom: 1px solid #000;
}

There is not really much reason to do so as I already pointed out
A very unsatisfying and hardly readable answer.
(2020-05-13, 01:15 PM)snb Wrote: [ -> ]A very unsatisfying and hardly readable answer.

Cool story, bro, lol. Regardless of your negative response, your question was clearly answered. It is clearly not my problem if you are unhappy with reality and or are unable to read something clearly stated nor respond to such in a civil manner nor does such a negative response have any bearing on the truth of the fact based answer. Take care and I hope your day may get better so as to perhaps turn that frown upside down. Wink