MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Uploader (1.2.2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a tough time installing this plugin, Plugin Uploader, not being use to installing plugins on myBB, but I did manage to get the plugin in.

Now I am suppose to be able to install plugins using this plugin, can't do it. I get this message when attempting to install a plugin.

Quote:There was an error downloading Mood Manager from the MyBB Mods site. The download may not have completed successfully as the MD5 checksum failed. If this continues, try downloading directly from the Mods site and upload.

Please contact me on [[email protected]][b][email protected][/b][/email] to help debug this issue further.

I get this message on any install of a plugin.. 

I have all the correct information to use the FTP.

Maybe I am doing something incorrect with this. Any ideas..

Thanks

Ron.  Smile
Read: https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/administration...ng-plugins

Most plugins will come with their own documentation on where the files included should go! If the mod does not come with documentation and contains a single php file then that file should be uploaded to MyBB Root Folder/inc/plugins.

If the plugin still lacks documentation on where the files go, but there are directories such as jscripts, inc, or admin at the root of the plugin download’s folder, then upload the files within those directories to the respective folders of your MyBB installation.

If you then browse to Admin Control Panel -> Configuration -> Plugins you will see the plugin that you have recently uploaded listed. Click the Install or Activate links to install the plugin.
(2020-05-11, 09:49 PM)makpaolo Wrote: [ -> ]Read: https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/administration...ng-plugins

Most plugins will come with their own documentation on where the files included should go! If the mod does not come with documentation and contains a single php file then that file should be uploaded to MyBB Root Folder/inc/plugins.

If the plugin still lacks documentation on where the files go, but there are directories such as jscripts, inc, or admin at the root of the plugin download’s folder, then upload the files within those directories to the respective folders of your MyBB installation.

If you then browse to Admin Control Panel -> Configuration -> Plugins you will see the plugin that you have recently uploaded listed. Click the Install or Activate links to install the plugin.

Thanks makpaolo, I did read that article before I started installing. This plugin has excellent instructions, it's that I'm not use to using myBB, just started setting one up..
I ended up having to reinstall the entire board over again, I deleted a english.php file, and had no clue on how to get it back in.
I'll try installing it again, so far I have been lucky getting some plugins in..

Thanks for responding.

Ron.
looks like there is a problem with connection to MyBB plugins server.
basically the issue is related to your web server connectivity [eg. curl]
if you get the same issue again then contact your web host support.
(2020-05-12, 01:49 AM)Rebel Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-11, 09:49 PM)makpaolo Wrote: [ -> ]Read: https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/administration...ng-plugins

Thanks makpaolo, I did read that article before I started installing. This plugin has excellent instructions, it's that I'm not use to using myBB, just started setting one up..
I ended up having to reinstall the entire board over again, I deleted a english.php file, and had no clue on how to get it back in.
I'll try installing it again, so far I have been lucky getting some plugins in..

Thanks for responding.

Ron.

Create a backup, and if you delete any mybb files, you can just transfer them over. You can also just install a fresh copy of Mybb and transfer english.php back to its directory. I would recommend to continue doing it yourself until you got the hang of it, and not rely on a plugin -- it is much more useful and safer that way, and better in the long run Smile

Like you said, you got it with a few plugins, but you mistakenly deleted english.php -- no problem, it happens!
(2020-05-12, 02:08 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]looks like there is a problem with connection to MyBB plugins server.

(2020-05-12, 02:26 AM)makpaolo Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for responding.

Ron.

Create a backup, and if you delete any mybb files, you can just transfer them over. You can also just install a fresh copy of Mybb and transfer english.php back to its directory. I would recommend to continue doing it yourself until you got the hang of it, and not rely on a plugin -- it is much more useful and safer that way, and better in the long run Smile

Like you said, you got it with a few plugins, but you mistakenly deleted english.php -- no problem, it happens!

Now you say to install a fresh copy, I also thought of that, would that make the board new again missus all plugins, or would it do like a repair..

(2020-05-12, 02:08 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]looks like there is a problem with connection to MyBB plugins server.

Yes I could get support from my host, there good with the help. But how and what would I ask them..
(2020-05-12, 02:31 AM)Rebel Wrote: [ -> ]

(2020-05-12, 02:26 AM)makpaolo Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for responding.

Ron.

Now you say to install a fresh copy, I also thought of that, would that make the board new again missus all plugins, or would it do like a repair..

You only need to transfer the single file over that you deleted, not the whole fresh copy. The fresh copy should be installed in your machine
if error message is saying that english.php file is missing then
right click this link & save the file. upload it to ./inc/languages folder

that should fix above referred problem
Thanks guy's I'm learning quite a bit now, getting easier.
Ron.