MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Profile comments are incom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello MyBB community!
I'm trying to install the "Profile comments" plugin (https://mods.mybb.com/view/profile-comments)
But I cant activate it, This plugin is incompatible with MyBB 1.8.12
I wonder why.. because this is an old post and also people in 2018 (as I search in forums) could use it..

Is there any way to compatible it?
Thanks!
I haven't heard of that particular plugin being installed on 1.8. To my knowledge, nobody has gotten it working. There is, however, the MyProfile plugin that was developed to replace it. It seems to have some problems on more recent versions of MyBB, so I'm not sure how well it works today, but that would be the one to try.

I am working on a replacement for the profile comments plugin that will be released soon. It got a little delayed to Covid-19 related struggles, but it's almost complete and I'll have a beta sometime soon. Smile
(2020-05-14, 04:26 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't heard of that particular plugin being installed on 1.8. To my knowledge, nobody has gotten it working. There is, however, the MyProfile plugin that was developed to replace it. It seems to have some problems on more recent versions of MyBB, so I'm not sure how well it works today, but that would be the one to try. 

I am working on a replacement for the profile comments plugin that will be released soon. It got a little delayed to Covid-19 related struggles, but it's almost complete and I'll have a beta sometime soon. Smile
Thanks for your reply and nice to hear bro!
I tried to install the one you just sent and I've got this error:
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'rows FROM mybb_settinggroups' at line 1Query:SELECT COUNT(*) as rows FROM mybb_settinggroups

Btw- what kind of bugs this plugin has?
SELECT COUNT(*) as rows FROM mybb_settinggroups
rows is a reserved keyword, change it to another variable, as mbsrows. And change it in queries and in php when needed.
I've never used it personally. It was (for years) the defacto profile comments plugin that was used, but I hear it has some issues these days. An error on installation definitely isn't good.

Perhaps someone else can answer better than I can on how to get it working. I am using a custom plugin (in development) rather than MyProfile, so I wouldn't be best positioned to answer it. I do know that some people have gotten it working, so I do believe that it's possible. Smile

edit: Beaten to it.
(2020-05-14, 04:49 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]SELECT COUNT(*) as rows FROM mybb_settinggroups
rows is a reserved keyword, change it to another variable, as mbsrows. And change it in queries and in php when needed.
in what file? I search for it..
I had the same problem in other plugin and fixed it but in this plugin I just can't find the "row"..

Edit: I succeed installing the plugin but I can't view the "Profile comments" section in my profile
I already checked and I allow to get profile comments.
should I add it manually to profile? how?

(2020-05-14, 04:50 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]I've never used it personally. It was (for years) the defacto profile comments plugin that was used, but I hear it has some issues these days. An error on installation definitely isn't good.

Perhaps someone else can answer better than I can on how to get it working. I am using a custom plugin (in development) rather than MyProfile, so I wouldn't be best positioned to answer it. I do know that some people have gotten it working, so I do believe that it's possible. Smile

edit: Beaten to it.
Thanks again for your reply bro. waiting for your custom plugin to test it on my forums Smile
^ reg. myprofile plugin : see this reply => link

if time permits, have a look at last few pages of above thread to see related issues
(2020-05-14, 05:16 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ reg. myprofile plugin : see this reply => link

if time permits, have a look at last few pages of above thread to see related issues
I think I will just give up on this plugin until I'll build something or someone else will release because as I see it's not recommended
thank you!