MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Message for guest to sign up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

In this tutorial I will be showing you how to display a message for guests to encourage them to sign up. Perhaps in the near future I can make a tutorial where I demonstrate how you could redirect guests to a new page. 

Requirements:

Step 1:

Install template conditionals

Step 2:

Step 3:

Decide where you want to show your message. In my case I want it in my header.

Step 4:

Usergroup 1 is your guest usergroup

<if $mybb->user['usergroup'] == "1" then>
<div onclick="window.location.href='member.php?action=register'" style="background-color:#EE5A24;color:white;text-align:center;padding:12px 20px;margin-bottom:15px;word-wrap:break-word;border-radius:2px;font-size:13px;"><strong>You haven't registered, if you wish to register, click here.</strong></div><br/>
<else>
</if>

Step 5:

Save your template and try it out.

If you need help or assistance, you can tweet me at @Perileos 
My help/assistance is free as long as you can respect me and my time. 

Kind regards,
A. Longbeach
Can post an demo screenshot of how it looks? also how about something like registration subscription? let user decide free or paid.
Thank you for your contribution.

As a suggestion, you shouldn't need the Templates Conditional plugin if you paste the code within the header_welcomeblock_guest template without the <if /> tag.

(2020-05-18, 10:35 PM)DevLife Wrote: [ -> ]how about something like registration subscription? let user decide free or paid.

What does that has to do with this?
(2020-05-19, 01:32 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your contribution.

As a suggestion, you shouldn't need the Templates Conditional plugin if you paste the code within the header_welcomeblock_guest template without the <if /> tag.

(2020-05-18, 10:35 PM)DevLife Wrote: [ -> ]how about something like registration subscription? let user decide free or paid.

What does that has to do with this?

You're right, usually I include this message in postbits and I didn't think about the header_welcomeblock_guest.  Wink