MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Memory Sessions table
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does any one know of a good reason why the sessions table would be type memory?  Our forum has been around since 2013, and was upgraded from 1.6x in 2015 or so.  Last March we upgraded to 1822.  So we inherited the database, and I found it a bit curious the sessions table was type memory.

Which makes it prone to filling under certain circumstances, so looking to change.  Myisam is the default for mysql, but interested in hearing opinions vs innodb in this application.   

cheers...
On larger forums it's not unusual to see the mybb_sessions table using the memory engine as a form of optimization.
(2020-05-25, 12:47 PM)kawaii Wrote: [ -> ]On larger forums it's not unusual to see the mybb_sessions table using the memory engine as a form of optimization.

Well, we're not that big, so guess I'll mull it over.  Bots sometimes fill the table until we can react by blocking user agent strings and such.  But that doesn't work in all scenarios.  A few months ago, I cobbled together a task to remove all guest sessions from the table in the ACP.  Guess I could increase the max_heap_table_size variable for mysql as well. 

Thanks for the response.  Will see if anyone else chimes in and then mark as resolved.

cheers...