MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: System Mail Not Working - No Logs Either
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
  • Detailed description of your problem, including steps to reproduce if necessary
For example, a user has forgotten their password and clicks "Lost your password?", inserts a correct email address, but the page simply refreshes. There will be no error in the System Mail Log and all of my settings for outgoing mail is unchanged and correct after assistance from my host just in case.

I had previously used PHP mail with no issues (including the PHP test provided in the MyBB documentation). I did try an SMTP configuration and had the settings confirmed to be correct and working by my hosts just in case. This also didn't work.
  • URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page
https://airattackteam.com/member.php?action=lostpw
  • New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)?
1.8.22 - Recently upgraded to .22 but the emails are not relevant to the upgrade. They weren't working before either.
  • Test user account (if it requires additional permissions)
Happy to provide a test account via PM.
  • Screenshot or error text, verbatim
For what I can see, there is no physical log that the error is occurring. It's just a known fact of my configuration at the moment that Lost Password and emails such as thread subscriptions are not being sent.

Thankyou in advance!
-7thV
Hmm..

What's the email configuration for following settings in AdminCP > Configuration > Settings > Site Details:
  • Admin Email
  • Return Email

and what's the configuration of the SMTP mail settings?
The Admin email is currently set to "[email protected]" and there is no return email set. A return email has never been set so MyBB can use the Admin email as well.

My SMTP settings are:
*snipped*

These are the same settings I use to access the email account via my devices, via SMTP too. Smile
The configuration seems fine. Would you like to PM me with a test user account? With only AdminCP access privilege but no sub module's permissions would be better. Besides, you could edit out the email/SMTP information in your last post if you want.
I'll get one sent over to you!

Thank you for your assistance so far.
Had a test and investigation on OP's forum and SMTP mailing works well. The problem causing password reset malfunctioning is that some important CAPTCHA related fields are missing in the member_lostpw template of the forum's custom theme, and CAPTCHA setting is in effect.
My my... Something so simple, yet slipped my mind entirely..!

Thank you Noyle, I would have been scratching my head for days otherwise!