MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where to locate {$sub_forums}?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I am back again. Sorry for the bombardment.

Within the "forumbit_subforums", I have the following code:

<strong>{$lang->subforums}</strong> {$sub_forums}

I am seeing a {$sub_forums} which I would like to edit the style of. Currently, my subforums look like this: 

[Image: MlVQAQ6.jpg]

I would like to edit the styling directly to make it look like this:
[Image: z3m0eBC.jpg]

Thanks as always! You guys are way too kind.
you can edit background used for .subforumicon in global.css stylesheet of the theme

note: edit the stylesheet in forum admin panel (through themes section) AND in advanced edit mode (tab)

remember hard refreshing your browser [eg. press CTRL + F5] on a topic page after saving changes to the stylesheet

[Editing Theme]
Thank you for your response. 

I am able to change the icon in CSS as you mentioned, however, this is what happens:

[Image: FzF2mKd.jpg]

As you can see, the gaming icon is inserted successfully (or not, as the case may be) because the code written in the {$sub_forums} is rotating it. 

The code I want to edit directly is this:

<i class="fa fa-level-up-alt fa-rotate-90"></i>

[Image: fiYdXRn.jpg]

I can't figure out where this code is located.
have you checked in forumbit_subforums template

when you view source code of a page,
code related to a template can be seen with
Quote:<!-- start: template name -->
code segments related to template
<!-- end: template name -->
Yes, of course. 

The code in my forumbit_subforums is as follows:

<tr class="p">
	<td colspan="5" id="subforums" style="font-size: 12px;"><strong>{$lang->subforums}</strong>{$sub_forums}</td>
</tr>

Which brings me back to the topic title, I don't know where to locate the {$sub_forums} which is outputting the icon.
^ are you using any forum icons related plugin ? if so which plugin ?
(2020-05-30, 10:58 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ are you using any forum icons related plugin ? if so which plugin ?

Nope, I currently have 2 plugins activated and I believe they're not related to forum icons.

[Image: ZZWLMwr.jpg]
check in forumbit_depth3_statusicon template ..
(2020-05-30, 11:08 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]check in forumbit_depth3_statusicon template ..

THERE IT IS! How can I donate money to you? You have stopped my outpour of sweat! Please forgive my ignorance with this, I am super new to it.

THANK YOU!!!