MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change sender adress for activiation e-mails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, 

I tried to change the administrator e-mail in settings => site details but it still uses my privat e-mail instead of the e-mail which I wrote in the field.
[Image: pPUICAF.png]

Am I doing anything wrong?

Best Regards,

DraakoorHD
which type of mail handler you have set up in mail settings of forum admin panel ?
have you got above referred email id through mail configuration at web host panel ?
I use php sentmail.
I created the e-mail via web panel from my webspace.
Quote:it still uses my private e-mail
where is that private email added ?
It's added to the/used by intial administrator account/my account
Anybody know a solution?
Will you please check the configuration for Additional Parameters for PHP's mail() in AdminCP > Configuration > Board Settings > Mail Settings, if your forum currently uses PHP mail.
(2020-06-06, 04:02 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]Will you please check the configuration for Additional Parameters for PHP's mail() in AdminCP > Configuration > Board Settings > Mail Settings, if your forum currently uses PHP mail.

[Image: dcNJDnE.png]

all on default.

[Image: R1nntjo.png]

It should use [email protected] but instead it uses my private e-mail which gets rejected by the webspace.
Hmm.. the cause might be you've set a Return Email in Board details.

There may be two ways to have it sorted and either way should work:
  • Leave Return Email blank; This means probably you won't get bounced mails.
  • Add some parameters to Additional Parameters for PHP's mail() in AdminCP > Configuration > Board Settings > Mail Settings, for example:
    [email protected]
(2020-06-06, 07:24 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm.. the cause might be you've set a Return Email in Board details.

There may be two ways to have it sorted and either way should work:
  • Leave Return Email blank; This means probably you won't get bounced mails.
  • Add some parameters to Additional Parameters for PHP's mail() in AdminCP > Configuration > Board Settings > Mail Settings, for example:
    [email protected]

It works with the parameter now thanks