MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Da Dude, this thread is for you!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was installing some of your mods on some other person's forums. He couldn't do it himself, so he gave me a list of all the mods he wanted. I checked it out and started to install some of them. Then I reached your mod with the Slap & me + you tag button and it doesn't work. When I click the newly made codebuttons. They give things like [meirc][/meirc] and [you][/you] and [slap][/slap]. But when I post the thread, the tags stay. Nothing changes. I think you forgot to add what I had to change in the functions_post file. Or else there is something wrong with you javascript script.
Meirc is already in there (its a hidden code within mybb).
So is the slap ubb.

The you tag, you have to download, and then install mine.

The output by pushing on the buttons would be:

* Da Dude does something
hey [you]
* Da Dude slaps Smethead around a bit with a large trout.

The Java code i used on my board is this:

function insertSlap() {
	var slap = prompt("Please enter the name or thing you want to slap.", "");
	if(slap) {
		doInsert("/slap "+slap+ "", false);
	} else {
		alert("Error!\n\nYou did not enter a valid name or thing. Please try again.");
	}
}

function insertMeirc() {
	var meirc = prompt("Please enter the action you want to do.", "");
	if(meirc) {
		doInsert("/me "+meirc+ "", false);
	} else {
		alert("Error!\n\nYou did not enter a valid action. Please try again.");
	}
}

function insertYou() {
	var you = prompt;
	if(you) {
		doInsert("[you]" , false);
	}
}

Got no problem on my board..... even with normal mode. Only thing i haven't tested is with IE
Well, then it seems to be a different version he downloaded. I'll download this newer version.
I had downloaded the one on the site here.....:s
Hmm, strange, the code seems to be the same. And it seems to work now.
dodgy
Smethead Wrote:Hmm, strange, the code seems to be the same. And it seems to work now.
dodgy

yeah.. will have a look at it, ones Gold arives. Think its the [you] tag that causes the problem.
Nope, I think I just forgot to upload the codebuttons.js file Shy
Smethead Wrote:Nope, I think I just forgot to upload the codebuttons.js file Shy

* Da Dude slaps Smethead with a huge concrete wall!

lol :lol: