MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best Analytics for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, I've recently been looking into setting up analytics for my forum and wondered what everyone else uses to see what's driving traffic and to make sense of the stats.

I've had experience with Google Analytics in the past but as a non-marketing person I find their dashboards very hard to make sense of sometimes (I'm slowly getting there). I also found the self-hosted Matomo (formerly Piwik) and I've got that working now and it's a fair bit easier to understand and customise in my opinion.

How about you?
I am quite comfortable with Google Analytics, I used Piwik before and it was a pretty good software but being self-hosted, there are hassles of managing another software. Analytics is fine for me.
Hi,

if you just want to know about the visits of your website, Matomo it's fine. I use it in one of my webs, and it's enough to know about what's going on with the visits, and have enough free plugins if you want to know more. AsĀ WallBB said, one of the cons is you have to host it by yourself.