MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachment uploading issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2020-06-07, 03:53 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-07, 10:06 AM)mahamad bilal Wrote: [ -> ]good morning

i face such a rare issue related to attachments

we cant upload attachments to a thread  when we add a file to the thread and post the thread its posted without any error messges but there is no any attachments and i check the upload file in host server there isnt any new file

mybb version is 1.9.22

There are several bugs currently affecting attachments. You might be experiencing one or more of them.

One is raised in GitHub issue #3618: Attachments not working properly in latest version. Basically, MyBB silently ignores some PHP upload errors. In particular, it ignores the PHP error that is raised when the size of the uploaded file is larger than the PHP upload_max_filesize ini file setting. The fix for this bug (PR #3986) has not yet been merged.

If this is the problem, then you might need to either increase that PHP setting, or decrease the "Maximum Size" of each file type in the ACP under "Attachment Types" such that it is less than that PHP setting, or simply ask your user(s) to upload smaller files.

Several other bugs related to attachments are fixed in PR #3926 (also not yet merged): Fixes several bugs with attachments at once. You and/or your users might be experiencing the first bug listed there:

Quote:When the "Post Thread" or "Post Reply" button was clicked after an attachment had been selected with the "Choose Files" button, the attachment was not saved.

The workaround for this is to ensure that before clicking "Post [Thread/Reply]", "Preview Post", or "Save as Draft", you click "Add Attachment" to have your attached file correctly uploaded.

Hopefully, these PRs will be merged in time for the next MyBB release. In the meantime, this post perhaps gives you some idea of how to work around them.

i cant understand this could you make it more clear please?

i think on the last version it was good after the update it was happen
Quote:i think on the last version it was good. after the update it was happen
^ I don't think update broke it.
Laird Wrote:ensure that before clicking "Post [Thread/Reply]", "Preview Post", or "Save as Draft",
you click "Add Attachment" to have your attached file correctly uploaded.
As Laird said, using "Add Attachment" button is required so that file gets uploaded & gets attached.
That's right, .m., the first action to take is: always click the "Add Attachment" button to upload files.

The second action to take is: check the value of the upload_max_filesize PHP ini file setting on your web host. Make sure that your users are not trying to attach files bigger than the value of this setting (because when they do, their upload(s) will fail silently).
Pages: 1 2