MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Invalid Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I haven't deleted anything or installed new plugins and never had this strange problem before. Lots of posts in a specific forum are not showing up (strange) instead they show up as links with Invalid Forum?

Here is the invalid forum  (click here)

Here is what is supposed to be here without the error (click here)

(click here) I have also followed this but it did not help at all
You seem to be following a thread link.  Stupid question - but is the forum active?  Seen similar on ours when an admin deactivated forums without cleaning up referring posts.

cheers...
(2020-06-11, 11:16 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]You seem to be following a thread link.  Stupid question - but is the forum active?  Seen similar on ours when an admin deactivated forums without cleaning up referring posts.

cheers...

Hi thank you so much for replying, I guess i should correct myself the threads in only one specific forum are showing up as  invalid forum. To be honest I never deleted this users threads or deactivated them if it wasn't for the user to message me in private message about this strange thing.... i would of never knew there was a problem. What do you think I can do in the Admin panel to perhaps fix this? Yes the forum has been active and online for approx 3 years and counting.
See you've been around the block with MyBB much longer than I.  Been around the block, just not with MyBB - lol.

If the forum is not active - all accounts trying to attach will fail.  If only some - recheck the group perms in Forum Permissions.  If an admin can't see it - suspect it's not active as defined in 'Edit Forum Settings - Forum is active' and 'Forum is open'.  In my case - an admin simply toggled those settings off.  Poof, 'invalid forum' following referring links.

Also check the forum id's, and confirm it's a forum, not a category.  I've seen search results suggest a recount and rebuild, and a cache rebuild as well.  My issue was much simpler.

cheers, and good luck...
(2020-06-12, 01:16 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]See you've been around the block with MyBB much longer than I.  Been around the block, just not with MyBB - lol.

If the forum is not active - all accounts trying to attach will fail.  If only some - recheck the group perms in Forum Permissions.  If an admin can't see it - suspect it's not active as defined in 'Edit Forum Settings - Forum is active' and 'Forum is open'.  In my case - an admin simply toggled those settings off.  Poof, 'invalid forum' following referring links.

Also check the forum id's, and confirm it's a forum, not a category.  I've seen search results suggest a recount and rebuild, and a cache rebuild as well.  My issue was much simpler.

cheers, and good luck...

Thanks yes I will defiantly check it out tonight more in depth and get back to you

(2020-06-12, 08:25 PM)canadacommunity Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-12, 01:16 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]See you've been around the block with MyBB much longer than I.  Been around the block, just not with MyBB - lol.

cheers, and good luck...

Thanks yes I will defiantly check it out tonight more in depth and get back to you

Alright I just double checked everything nope the forum is accessible to Admins and members so it has nothing to do permissions.  Hmmm does anyone know of any other ways to perhaps fix this?
Anybody else that has had any luck with this?
Hi there,

This thread had a similar problem and this is the accepted answer - will be worth reading.

Please could you post details of your web server config (for example .htaccess file for Apache or the appropriate *.conf file for nginx)?

Thanks Smile
(2020-06-21, 07:14 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

This thread had a similar problem and this is the accepted answer - will be worth reading.

Please could you post details of your web server config (for example .htaccess file for Apache or the appropriate *.conf file for nginx)?

Thanks Smile

Hey @JordanMussi  thanks for the suggestion unfortunately those 50+ threads that were saying invalid forum mysteriously dissapeared  Confused It's as if the database ate them up.
Hmm interesting so if I search for the thread it comes up but without a forum name showing...
https://canadacommunity.org/search.php?a...ts=threads
So perhaps you or another admin on your board deleted the forum without deleting the threads? Maybe a plugin?

Please could you find out what the fid field is for the row in your threads database table for that thread?
(2020-06-22, 10:57 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Please could you find out what the fid field is for the row in your threads database table for that thread?

At first I was trying to figure out  where and what you were referring to, okay were getting really close here I actually see the posts in the database under posts. I really do not know what to do from here....  Huh
Pages: 1 2 3