MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Improvement on Usergroups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys! A few days ago, I was talking about this in the MyBB's Discord and the dev team suggested me to post it here. I'm facing not an issue with my forums, but just something that takes too much steps for me when someone else can do that work (and I believe other people can approach this suggestion as well). What I want to suggest is to add a hierarchy system between groups, and if it's possible. Our community runs a huge Roleplay platform, where we have some managers to some particular things.

In example, would be awesome if our Staff Manager is capable to manage his staffs, changing the users and leaders of his subgroups, without the need of giving him administration privileges in the forum system. This is actually posible making the Staff Manager the leader of all the "subgroups", but actually, you can only make leader a User, but not a usergroup, so if the Staff Manager user changes, we have to change all the leaders to the new user who took the place.

Another example, we do have a Police Group, which is managed by the Police Chief. This Police Faction has some subgroups in the forum, and every group has some private forums. Would be great if the Police Chief can manage all his sub-groups.

I believe this can be done by adding the possibility to assign Leaders of a group to a usergroup, instead of an user. This just came to my mind, maybe is not even worth to code, but just post it here to discussion. Greetings and sorry for my low-mid-quality english Angel

Greetings!
Do you have your Forum Link  Also have used this plugin https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=391

Thread for support for this Plugin https://community.mybb.com/thread-167015-page-2.html
> I believe this can be done by adding the possibility to assign Leaders of a group to a usergroup, instead of an user

Sounds like the best approach.