MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OUGC Media Info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: cover_preview_25096_1592113663_3dea7b666...28327c.png]

Description
Fetches films, television programs, home videos, video games, and streaming content online information to display in threads.

Download
Download from the MyBB Extend page.

Check the official page for more information.
Wow great, not for me but I think many people will be happy with this

Using TMDB would be better, every information (like synopsis or genre) are available in many language, imdb is good for english speaker, tmdb and tvdb are better for english and non speaker too, and an API is available.
interesting but you should change the description so its the same as on mybb extend page XD
(2020-06-14, 11:37 AM)LuFo Wrote: [ -> ]Using TMDB would be better, every information (like synopsis or genre) are available in many language, imdb is good for english speaker, tmdb and tvdb are better for english and non speaker too, and an API is available.

I agree, the TMDB API is free and allows us to select the language of our preference. Anyway, incredible plugin Omar G. Congratulations on the excellent work and thank you very much.
Hi.

I just noticed the repository was left as private, I have just changed that.

Regarding the suggestions above, this was a requested plugin and as such it was limited to the OMDB API and to a library that fetches the media data directly from the IMDB site.

However, yours are acceptable suggestions and I have created an issue for it. But I won't compromise any schedule.
https://github.com/Sama34/OUGC-Media-Info/issues/2

Thank you for your appreciations.

Regards.
(2020-06-24, 01:25 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]However, yours are acceptable suggestions and I have created an issue for it. But I won't compromise any schedule.

Regards.

Thank you very much Omar G., this would increase the target audience for this great plugin, as communities from several countries could use the tool you developed. Even if, for whatever reason, it is not possible to do so, I appreciate you listening to our suggestions.
(2020-06-14, 05:49 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]

Description
Fetches films, television programs, home videos, video games, and streaming content online information to display in threads.

Download

Sorry, I guess something's wrong with my board, trying to figure it out, if I can, I'll post it here. Thank you for this amazing plugin, well done!

(2020-06-24, 01:25 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.

I just noticed the repository was left as private, I have just changed that.

Regarding the suggestions above, this was a requested plugin and as such it was limited to the OMDB API and to a library that fetches the media data directly from the IMDB site.

However, yours are acceptable suggestions and I have created an issue for it. But I won't compromise any schedule.

Regards.

Wonderful improvement. Also just a suggestion, that'd be wonderful if this plugin could also use IGDB (game database). Hope to see it comes alive, thanks for your efforts!
(2020-06-14, 05:49 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]

Description

Download

Sorry for the flood. There is a plugin that displays information on given imdb links in your posts, but it's quite buggy and unusable. Yours is, as always, just perfect. I mean, yours show the information top of the thread, which is a great option when people want to open a thread about a movie etc. but lets say there's another thread and someone posted an imdb link, so as a suggestion, that'd be amazing if OUGC Media Info also could turn it to information right on that post, so people can see it when reading the post. I know I mentioned that earlier sorry but if it could work with IGDB links too, that'd make my dream come true seriously.

Lastly, it forces members to put an imdb link when opening thread but would it be possible to make it optional so people could left it blank and open a thread anyways?

Thanks!

PS: A screenshot from the plugin I mentioned, to make it more clear what I wanted to explain;

[Image: z3GbRPH.png]
(2021-09-20, 10:08 PM)timelord Wrote: [ -> ]Lastly, it forces members to put an imdb link when opening thread but would it be possible to make it optional so people could left it blank and open a thread anyways?

There should be a setting for that.

As per your suggestion: they will be considered when updating this plugin fo MyBB 1.9 .
You can also check the plugin repository over at Github for an updated code with new features, considered it a development branch and as such it can be broken.
Pages: 1 2