MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Show usergroup colors on forum display
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey people,

I tried to get usergroup colored nicknames as thread starter - last poster.

https://community.mybb.com/thread-134747.html - @effone 's way is outdated.

Please dont suggest Style Usernames plugin, i tried did not worked. https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=128

If someone can tutorials for this problem, it will be great! Thanks.
Did you get any errors when you tried to use that plugin? It has just under 20,000 downloads and I think I may have also used it myself in the past. It's possible it's a relatively simple fix for the plugin.
I just tried that plugin and works fine for me,
why dont you just use css? 
I mean

Edit user group >> Username style
<span class="adminclassstyle">{username}</span>

Global.css
.adminclassstyle {
    color: #FF0000;
    font-weight: bold;
    text-shadow: 0 0 0.9em #FF0000;
}

The username color will be displayed in all pages
The tutorial from Effone its for colored post background (based on the usergroup of the user), not for colored username.

I've just tested the plugin Style Username, and it works
can you share screenshot maybe i can help you for that ?
Hey guys he is right.

There is no tutorial for that at this place. When i searched for this tutorial everybody suggests install Style Usernames plugin.

When i create an user group with colors using <span on admin panel; its just shown showthread page. No shown on index neither forum display too.

I solved index problem with following that tutorial. You can check @Anony, i couldnt find it now but its over there.

If any skilled guy here (NOT GOING TO SUGGEST INSTALLING Style Usernames) i want to listen that dear developer.

KING Regards.
Yea thats what i try to mean.

I want to show "nicknames with usergroup colors" at thread starter.

Not just on index also i want to do it on forumdisplay.

Please someone share a tutorial. Thanks.