MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/logout problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The issue seems to be with cookies. I can login to the admin but as soon as I click on anything I get redirected to the admin page. This is when using Chrome. When I login to the admin using Firefox there's no problem.

When logging in as a user in Chrome I get Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.

When logging in as a user in Internet Explorer it's fine. When logging out it says user has logged out but user is still logged in.

When logging in/out as a user in Firefox all is fine.

I've cleared cookies numerous times but the above issues still occur. I would have thought that clearing cookies in Internet Explorer would force the user to be logged out? I've read the posts about cookies, I've tried different themes, I've deleted settings.php but just going round in circles!

Can anyone help?

The forum has been updated to 1.8.22. I don't remember the original version number. I originally upgraded due to try and fix spam. The theme being used is BootBB.

Forum: https://forums.megalith-games.com/
Cookie domain: forums.megalith-games.com
Cookie path: /
Cookie prefix: blank
Same site cookie flag: yes
Secure cookie flag: yes
(2020-06-17, 04:39 PM)topcat88 Wrote: [ -> ]I would have thought that clearing cookies in Internet Explorer would force the user to be logged out?

Yes, it sounds like server-side caching issues.

Try modifying inc/functions.php like this: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pull/3970/f...7bc4cbe5b9 (replacing the 4 headers with a new one) and have the Send No Cache Headers setting enabled.
Thanks @devilshakerz. I tried that but it didn't have any effect. What I did do is click on the lock icon in the browser, clicked on cookies and manually deleted all cookies - then it worked! I was able to login to the admin and make changes and I could login/logout as a user. Would be good to have a better solution to really clear cookies especially for users as they won't know to do that, but at least that's something.