MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Alternative Reputation System of a forum Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heloo!!!

I'm just making some testings and getting more info about Making a forum.

And i used the MyBB one, same as this site, and it's working very good, so i tried to update the reputation system to the version 2 , which is a ,mod , just like the one they have on MSGHELP.

and i made all the setting and changes as the same as in the readme files, and it working perfectly, except that :

1- when i click add reputation ( Rank member, rate member etc..) and get that pop up box, asking me to choose whether postive or natural or neg. and for the comment, and after clicking on add, (submit) the page turn, but go back the same as it was opend, and nothing is added to the comment list. i'm really confused why.

2- it's happening, that even when i change the post count of an admin, or a user( to 1000 post ), it sometimes tells me, you can't add reputation. i dont know why, i mean it dependes on the users, like i can't add to this, and i can to another, but also we go back to same error mentioned in Error "1" .

so please if anyone has anyidea pls reply , i need to finish the research.
Quote:And i used the MyBB one, same as this site, and it's working very good, so i tried to update the reputation system to the version 2 , which is a ,mod , just like the one they have on MSGHELP.
It only works on MyBB Release Candidate 4, not on Preview Release 2, which can be downloaded on the MyBB website.
If you use Release Candidate 4:

Quote:1- when i click add reputation ( Rank member, rate member etc..) and get that pop up box, asking me to choose whether postive or natural or neg. and for the comment, and after clicking on add, (submit) the page turn, but go back the same as it was opend, and nothing is added to the comment list. i'm really confused why.
I think you didn't install the mod right. Try reinstalling it.

Quote:2- it's happening, that even when i change the post count of an admin, or a user( to 1000 post ), it sometimes tells me, you can't add reputation. i dont know why, i mean it dependes on the users, like i can't add to this, and i can to another, but also we go back to same error mentioned in Error "1" .
You'll only get a message that you can't add a reputation if the user hasn't posted yet. What use are reputation points if there's nothing to give points for. If I change this, users won't be able to disable the mod.

If you use Preview Release 2:
Wait till the mod is updated. This can take a long time or try to downgrade to RC4.
That error isn't causing any problems. And no, I don't do private modding anymore. I once got a very good webhost from somebody I made a mod for and after his server was attacked, I can't get to it anymore. I also have like 1/40 of the space I had and 1/1000 of the mysql databases I had and 1/30 of the bandwidth. I asked him to fix it and he didn't even reply.
You'll just have to wait like everybody else, sorry.
anyway thx Smile and i will wait Smile no problem , and wish that u be fast Wink Smile thx