MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb Date & time wrong getting latest posts / new posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently I'm having a lot of trouble finding how to fix this error

Mybb is showing really old post (2013) as "most recent" post in index page.
When I do a custom search for today's post or view new posts, same strange things, there's only really old post coming as the result and they're mentioned as posted "1 hour ago" and such.

I'm a bit lost on where to look, php date time, mybb date time ?
it looks like only the time is taken into account and not the day/month/year Confused

Thanks for the help
Do you mean "View New Posts" and "View Today's Posts" by most recent" post in index page & a custom search for today's post?

What's the current time printed on your forum (with the default theme it's usually on the bottom right) when you're viewing the forum?
Yes View new posts, View today's posts and the post appearing on index page next to forum categories (latest post row), anything related to mybb core in fact, is incorrectly flagged as "1 hour ago" or so.

Btw I'm using last thread / post on index plugin and also dvz stream on index and there's no problem with that, correct date & time, and so correct "last posts".
The date & time on the board index is good.

The strange thing is that they appear to be "posted 1 hour ago" in search and index but when I go to the link of the post, there's the correct date (11-12-2013 for example).
looks like you have problem with a plugin. see this post for the improved plugin
(2020-06-22, 01:04 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]looks like you have problem with a plugin. see this post for the improved plugin

Looks like you did not read properly what I described or I am not explaining it correctly maybe.
I don't have the plugin you linked me to.
The only plugins that I use does work correctly (top stat / dvz stream)

The problem only exist with the mybb core functionality of latest post on index and with the search function.
^ okay. I have misread the issue.

can you switch to English language & check those results ..

if time is still shown incorrect with English language then
run file verification tool from below location. what does it report ?

forum admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> file verification

ignore reported images & ignore files reported from install folder & its sub-folders
Same problem with english language, file verification shows me
inc/functions.php
But I have core modifications because of google seo.

there was another plugin that may be the problem, wich is thread bump
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1318

The post that were wrongly flagges as "1 hour ago" are all threads that were made by "guest"
Those guest are old members that did delete their account. I suspect that anybody/guest can then bump thread by guest and maybe seo bots or someone was having fun clicking on bump thread of every "guest thread".

I did disable it for now and will wait tomorrow see if this change anything.

Thank you guys.

This was indeed the problem, fixed it by updating the plugins.
My bad ! Have a great day.