MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb SQL Errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am experiencing a few SQL errors.

1. I am trying to access a support forum to get help on a theme that I purchased. However I keep getting a "SQL Error: 1040 - Too many connections Query: [READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server." This seems self explanatory. However:

2. I cannot access my admin panel on my forum. I recently installed a recent thread plugin specified to be used for the theme I am working on. I keep getting a "SQL Error: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'rows FROM mybbqc_settinggroups' at line 1 Query: SELECT COUNT(*) as rows FROM mybbqc_settinggroups" and I have no idea what this means.
I'm scratching my head on this one because I don't know if this is a compatibility issue with the plugins or if I really messed something up.
1) SQL error 1040 is caused by your database engine reaching the max allowed connection. This is set in the MySQL configuration of your webserver and should suit to the maximum allowed connections of web clients.
If you're on a simple or managed webhosting/server then ask your hoster.

2) This error is about "MariaDB" - the other one says MySQL.
What's your database actually?
How did you install the board?
First check your MyBB settings!

[ExiTuS]
The 2 is because rows is a reserved keyword with MariaDB. You'll have to find the faulty plugin and correct it to use another word (like "nbrows")
Hey candlejacked,
This is probably because the plugin might be bugged now. Try this plugin by dragonexpert which has been updated recently
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=191

Regards
WallBB