MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Im having tourble with database configuration.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im using 000webhost to host my web application.
I generated the database and i pasted the "User" at the username input, the "Name" at the name input and the password at the password input.

000webhost has a note:
"Use localhost as a connection hostname."

The error i got is:

Error
There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:
  • Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation.
You have created a database and a user with permissions before running the installer?  A little confused by "generated the database". Huh

cheers...
ALSO
although 000webhost suggests to use localhost for the database server,
sometimes it does not work ! contact 000webhost's support to fix the issue
You can try using 127.0.0.1 for database server.
I'd seen this kind of trouble where user was defined 'user'@'127.0.0.1' and the server didn't resolve localhost as 127.0.0.1
Please make sure there isn’t any empty space characters copied accidentally with the details when you paste.

As others have suggested 127.0.0.1 is equivalent to localhost but without any resolving issues.

If this doesn’t work you may need to ensure the user account has the correct privileges. See information for creating users & granting privileges and specifying hostnames.