MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Payed Subscriptions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does this exist or can anyone create a Payed Subscriptions MOD so you can like do a VIP Membership that automatically changes them to that group when theyve payed.
It doesn't exist and it doesn't seem like anyone's willing to take a stab at it. Some people have said they would when myBB goes "gold", well... here we are with PR2 and still no paid subscription mod. I'm anxiously waiting for it. I wish someone would take a stab at it. Sure, you could have them pay through paypal and then manually change their usergroup, but... I, personally, would like to have it automated. vB has it built in. myBB doesn't need it built in, but a modification for it would be nice. :neautral:

myBB needs more mod makers.
First, everyone is waiting for MyBB to go "final" (not gold). PR2 is not final. Its a preview. Final is what will come after all currently known bugs are fixed and the version number is updated. And I guess people are waiting just incase there is some more changes. Rest assured, if enough people reuqest it, someone will make it for you.
k776 Wrote:First, everyone is waiting for MyBB to go "final" (not gold).

I hope that's the case. The silence is pretty annoying and just adds to the argument many naysayers have about myBB. I, personally, love the software and want to see it become one of the more popular options. I think it's much better than phpBB and SMF. Just hope we don't have to wait another year or so for it to go "final".

So... to answer Ash's question, no... we probably won't see a mod for this anytime soon.
k776 Wrote:First, everyone is waiting for MyBB to go "final" (not gold).

Apparently, there's no reason for them to wait for it to go "final".

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...9#pid24869

Hope they wake up and realize that.

I like myBB and I'm tired of hearing people bash it. I think if there were some cool modifications, fixed bugs (like the birthday one!) and the ridiculous statement "just wait for the next release" would stop being used, well... myBB would then pick up in popularity.
Well, everyone said it would be "fixed in gold" which is now "fixed in final" and technically, its not final yet Wink Anyway, I'm going to release a new plugin today, and make two quick ones Big Grin
k776 Wrote:Well, everyone said it would be "fixed in gold" which is now "fixed in final"

If we learned anything from waiting for "gold" or "final" or whatever during the RC days... don't hold your breath.