MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OUGC Points Activity Rewards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: cover_preview_25096_1592984370_b985487f7...0650c8.png]

Description
Allow users to request points rewards in exchange of activity.

Download
Download from the MyBB Extend page.

Check the official page for more information.
Omar is on fire, another good plugin Smile
Great plugin to encourage users for activity.
One question...Is this plugin directly reward to unapproved threads and posts? or it will reward after approving threads or post if setting for threads/posts kept approval by admin.
Thank you.
Repped.
I notice that a very common problem in plugins made for NewPoints is the loss of points when we need to do a recount of the score (maintenance of NewPoints). Does this plugin record rewards so that bonus points are maintained in the event of a recount?

Thanks for the plugin, you are launching very useful and interesting plugins. Congratulations!
The plugin keeps a log that could be used to achieve what you suggest. But Newpoints itself doesn't offer hooks for it so a new hook would be required.

However, I won't be sure if if this is really what most people would expect. For example, there is a OUGC Awards plugin to buy awards, does it mean that at recount these logged costs should also be reduced? By the lacking of the hook I would say Newpoint's author didn't think so either (at least at the moment of coding such feature).

I have suggested Diogo to add a new hook so we will be reviewing this in the future.
https://forums.mybb-plugins.com/Thread-N...6#pid86306
Would it be possible to make it so rewards for posts/topics could be set to specific forums?
Not at the moment but is a planned feature without compromised schedule.
(2020-06-24, 07:24 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]But Newpoints itself doesn't offer hooks for it so a new hook would be required.

Now I understand why all plugins made for newpoints have their transaction history lost after a recount of points for maintenance.

(2020-06-24, 07:24 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]However, I won't be sure if if this is really what most people would expect. For example, there is a OUGC Awards plugin to buy awards, does it mean that at recount these logged costs should also be reduced?

The purpose of the recount is to correct possible errors in the score or to update the score in the event of a change in criteria in the distribution of points. The ideal would be that all transactions were recorded, so in case of recount, the history would not be lost and all transactions (for more or less points) would be kept. I don't know if it is possible or if Diogo intends to update NewPoints to allow this. For me, this is a limitation that prevents me from installing plugins that complement NewPoints, as I see no sense in losing all data after a recount.

(2020-06-24, 07:24 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]By the lacking of the hook I would say Newpoint's author didn't think so either (at least at the moment of coding such feature).

I have suggested Diogo to add a new hook so we will be reviewing this in the future.
https://forums.mybb-plugins.com/Thread-N...6#pid86306

I hope it is possible and that he has the motivation to add those hooks. Thanks for listening.
I got this error " This plugin requires PluginLibrary version 13 or later to be uploaded to your forum."

Look Attachment
[attachment=43010]
Well the message might be difficult to understand but it isn't a bug.
Pages: 1 2 3