MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Config.php file detail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have following two code in config.ph file.
$config['acp_pin'][1] = 'xxxxxxxx';
$config['secret_pin'] = 'yyyyyyyy';

With $config['secret_pin'] ='yyyyyyy'; code I can access to acp.

But I don't know $config['acp_pin'][1] = 'xxxxxxxx'; is used for??? I created before but I dont know why it was created?
Please guide.
It may be related to a custom modification: https://community.mybb.com/thread-105587...#pid769971
acp_pin doesn't seem to be a setting in 1.8 but it is possible the following tutorial was used while on 1.6 and has stayed in the config file? https://community.mybb.com/thread-105587...#pid769971

Edit: ninja'd by dvz Toungue
Mostly...As mention in above link thread In ./admin/index.php Around line 136: & in ./admin/inc/class_page.php: Around line 391: , there is no any modification seen. So I can delete that code from confg.php file.

Is it possible to create two different acp pin for two admin?

One more thing:
I do $config['hide_admin_links'] = 1; so it hide ACP redirection link from website.
It also hide Administrator options from other members profile for me (admin).
Is it possible to show administrator option with this setting for ACP.
Thank you.
(2020-06-25, 01:29 PM)Dr_The_One Wrote: [ -> ]Mostly...As mention in above link thread In ./admin/index.php Around line 136: & in ./admin/inc/class_page.php: Around line 391: , there is no any modification seen. So I can delete that code from confg.php file.

If you search your board's files for acp_pin and there are no results you should be safe to remove it. You may also want to run the file verification tool to see what files have changes. What version of MyBB are you using?
Admin CP -> Tools & Maintenance -> File Verification

(2020-06-25, 01:29 PM)Dr_The_One Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to create two different acp pin for two admin?

If you follow the linked tutorial (which might need slight modifications for 1.8) you will be able to do that.

(2020-06-25, 01:29 PM)Dr_The_One Wrote: [ -> ]One more thing:
I do $config['hide_admin_links'] = 1; so it hide ACP redirection link from website.
It also hide Administrator options from other members profile for me (admin).
Is it possible to show administrator option with this setting for ACP.
Thank you.

The point of the hide_admin_links option is to remove all links to your Admin CP from the main forum for security reasons, there's no point hiding some links while showing others. It is intended to be used in conjunction with renaming the admin directory so the new name isn't leaked.
Ok....thank you so much JM.
+1 for you