MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems receiving password when registering.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is from a user who recently registered on my forum at healingjikojizencenter.xyz.  I am using MyBB ver. 1.8.2.0

I registered and received an email with my activation code in it. The email went into my spam filter, but, I found it (see below).

In the email were two links. I clicked on the first and was able to reply to a post.

Subsequently, I tried to log in but I don't remember ever being asked for a password, so, I wasn't surprised to get a message saying there was a mismatch.

I clicked on "Lost password" and entered my email address; but, to date I have not received an email with the ability to reset my password.

This will be very confusing for any additional people who want to register, and I am afraid they will just give up - this was the first user, my wife, she was more motivated than most.  How can this be fixed so as to provide an easy registration process with a password provided and the ability to change it, or if this is available how does one access it?  I might add that my wife has worked in software for decades, so if she is experiencing problems I fear for those with less acumen.
Hi there! Thanks for choosing MyBB!

Have you tried the steps outlined in the following places?
The first link includes fixes for authorization code mismatch due to updated templates in MyBB 1.8.16 that need to be changed on your board.
(2020-06-25, 07:03 PM)tothehilt Wrote: [ -> ]How can this be fixed so as to provide an easy registration process with a password provided and the ability to change it, or if this is available how does one access it?

You can configure registrations to not require a user to enter a password but send them a random one via email which they can change:
Admin CP -> Configuration -> Settings -> Login and Registration Options -> Registration Method -> Send Random Password
It looks like cookie settings are invalid (the cookie domain is set to healingjikojizencenter.000webhostapp.com) - see https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/login-prob...e-settings
(2020-06-25, 07:03 PM)tothehilt Wrote: [ -> ]This is from a user who recently registered on my forum at healingjikojizencenter.xyz.  I am using MyBB ver. 1.8.2.0

I registered and received an email with my activation code in it. The email went into my spam filter, but, I found it (see below).

In the email were two links. I clicked on the first and was able to reply to a post.

Subsequently, I tried to log in but I don't remember ever being asked for a password, so, I wasn't surprised to get a message saying there was a mismatch.

I clicked on "Lost password" and entered my email address; but, to date I have not received an email with the ability to reset my password.

This will be very confusing for any additional people who want to register, and I am afraid they will just give up - this was the first user, my wife, she was more motivated than most.  How can this be fixed so as to provide an easy registration process with a password provided and the ability to change it, or if this is available how does one access it?  I might add that my wife has worked in software for decades, so if she is experiencing problems I fear for those with less acumen.

The site is no longer allowing me, the administrator, to log in so I cannot enact any of the suggested changes.  I am terrified to ask for a new password given how uneven that process went for my wife.  Any other suggestions?

(2020-06-25, 07:28 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like cookie settings are invalid (the cookie domain is set to healingjikojizencenter.000webhostapp.com) - see https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/login-prob...e-settings
  How do I change the cookie domain.  Do I need to log in to do that?  The site is no longer allowing me to log in.
(2020-06-25, 10:15 PM)tothehilt Wrote: [ -> ]  How do I change the cookie domain.  Do I need to log in to do that?  The site is no longer allowing me to log in.

To connect temporarily, need to edit and save /inc/settings.php as described in the link Jordan gave you - 1.8 login problems.  Then update your configuration via ACP, as described in that document.

cheers...
Yep as mentioned the instructions are here: https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/login-prob...tings-file
Make sure once you log in successfully to the Admin CP you then edit the cookie settings under the Site Details settings group.