MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Points Shop DB Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I keep getting an error with the shop plugging that uses points when someone tries to register on my site they get this DB error I looked it over and let's have no clue what going on? so I disabled it after testing myself and registration works fine again. did anyone get an idea?

DB Error Below:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:1364 - Field 'newpoints_items' doesn't have a default valueQuery:INSERT INTO mb_users 
(username,password,salt,loginkey,email,postnum,threadnum,avatar,avatartype,usergroup,additionalgroups,displaygroup,usertitle,regdate,lastactive,lastvisit,website,icq,skype,google,birthday,signature,allownotices,hideemail,subscriptionmethod,receivepms,receivefrombuddy,pmnotice,pmnotify,showimages,showvideos,showsigs,showavatars,showquickreply,showredirect,tpp,ppp,invisible,style,timezone,dstcorrection,threadmode,daysprune,dateformat,timeformat,regip,language,showcodebuttons,sourceeditor,buddyrequestspm,buddyrequestsauto,away,awaydate,returndate,awayreason,notepad,referrer,referrals,buddylist,ignorelist,pmfolders,warningpoints,moderateposts,moderationtime,suspendposting,suspensiontime,coppauser,classicpostbit,usernotes
VALUES ('vemkeit','20d9126bdd5c6befae5b7b3dcd0168e0','22DVehfO','2TATD0JjXmvyxMyuvfTKKtl74lLCzWqs2d5JcI2LjNG3kBqJUj','[email protected]',0,0,'','',5,'',0,'',1593462107,1593462107,1593462107,'',0,'','','','',1,0,0,1,0,1,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,'-4',2,'linear',0,'','',X'2d026205','',1,0,1,0,0,0,0,'','',0,0,'','','',0,0,0,0,0,0,0,'')

Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.
The newpoints_items doesn't have a default value and when inserting a new row into the users table the database rejects it because it doesn't know how to fill the newpoints_items field. This happens when strict mode is enabled.

Run the following query to set the default value to be empty, using the right one for your database type and replace mybb_ with your table prefix if different.

If using MySQL:
ALTER TABLE mybb_users MODIFY `newpoints_items` TEXT DEFAULT '';

If using PostgreSQL:
ALTER TABLE mybb_users ALTER COLUMN newpoints_items SET DEFAULT '';
I never worked with MySQL before so I'm not sure how to do this, I thought it was just something easy that doesn't take the risk of massing up the MySQL on a shared server, because of one plugin as every other one works just fine. I think I'll do without this plugin or try to find someone to do it for that won't mess it up on me and/or finger something else out. thank anyway... Sad