MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I want to change my MySQL domain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to change my MySQL domain

It is possible ? and how exactly?

I want to change the domain on my existing mysql database,

Can you help me ??

Thanks....
can you clarify your requirement - what exactly you you want to change ?
(2020-07-01, 09:26 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]can you clarify your requirement - what exactly you you want to change ?

hi

i have a  mysql for me that i saved, my forum posts, spreadsheet, and i want to change the domain there from the old one to the new one

how can i do this to phpmyadmin? or where can it be?

Thx.
Let's see if I have this right.  You saved a mysql backup from a forum hosted in one domain, and want to move it to another host in a different domain?  In other words, you're moving hosts?  If correct - this doc is a good starting point - link.

The spreadsheet reference is a little confusing though?

cheers...
(2020-07-02, 11:26 AM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]Let's see if I have this right.  You saved a mysql backup from a forum hosted in one domain, and want to move it to another host in a different domain?  In other words, you're moving hosts?  If correct - this doc is a good starting point - link.

The spreadsheet reference is a little confusing though?

cheers...

hi yes !

and I'm need domain change for sql table , may ??

Thx...
SQL query can be like this
update `mybb_settings` set `value` = "required domain link" where `name` = "bburl";
edit: do not use / (slash) for the domain link.

cookie settings also need corresponding changes
update `mybb_settings` set `value` = "/" where `name` = "cookiepath";
update `mybb_settings` set `value` = ".domainname.com" where `name` = "cookiedomain";

[SQL queries guidance]
(2020-07-03, 02:31 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]SQL query can be like this
update `mybb_settings` set `value` = "required domain link" where `name` = "bburl";

[SQL queries guidance]

Thank you