MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Development Progress in June
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=43032]

MyBB Development Progress in June

Resolved issues: 31
Merged PRs: 30

Highlights
  • The oldest issue resolved in this period was #1427 reported on Sep 14, 2014. PM recipient inputs weren't capped using the maximum recipients usergroup option until the form was submitted.
  • Advanced database configuration support has been fixed for certain ways of specifying to use different connections for read/write #3619,
  • Multiple issues with attachments have been resolved #3618#3886.

Top contributors
Thank you to these contributors who created the most merged pull requests this month!
MyBB 1.8.23 Pre-Release

We are close to releasing MyBB 1.8.23 and will be publishing a pre-release for wider testing by the Community soon. Please keep an eye on the 1.8 Development forum and get involved with testing!

What issues are affecting your community?

We want to know which issues on our tracker that we haven't tackled yet are most important to you. Please let us know what issue in the backlog you think we should be focusing our attention on and include any details in your reply to this thread.

If you would like to contribute to the Project, Get Involved.

Thanks,
The MyBB Team
Is this a new thing that's happening now? Can we expect these every month? I like. Transparent and to the point.
That’s exactly what I’m aiming for Smile
What a lovelydevelopment graphic Smile
I like these updates.
Thank you! Smile
Great idea and I really like it, MyBB is open source software so the community should know what happens Smile

Keep good work and I am waiting for another Dev progress thread! Smile

P.S.
Personally, I like GUI improvements so maybe some of these could happen - https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/1583 Smile
Will 1.8.23 run on php 7.4 without issues?
1.8.22 is fully compatible with 7.4.x PHP version, I have been using over 3 months Smile so dont worry, you can now use already
(2020-07-02, 05:29 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Great idea and I really like it, MyBB is open source software so the community should know what happens Smile

Keep good work and I am waiting for another Dev progress thread! Smile

Thank you Smile

(2020-07-02, 05:29 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, I like GUI improvements so maybe some of these could happen - https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/1583 Smile

We are quite hesitant to include template changes in 1.8 and many will be easier to do in 1.9. It looks like some won't need template changes (eg the Admin CP suggestions). Thank you for the suggestion though Smile

(2020-07-02, 05:38 PM)Johnny98 Wrote: [ -> ]Will 1.8.23 run on php 7.4 without issues?

Yes - we support PHP 5.2 and up in 1.8. MyBB 1.9 will likely not support PHP < 7.3 so you are good for 1.9 when it is released too.

We have even started to make some progress to ensure 1.8 will be able to support the upcoming PHP 8! See the changes here: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/pull/4095