MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help deleting a post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all!

Something happened this morning after a Member made a post. Afterwards, you can't see any of the edit/delete/etc buttons below the post, you can't see any additional comments or create new posts within that specific thread.  Without the buttons, I am not sure how to delete it.

Is there a way to delete a post other than the usual buttons?

Thank you!

Update...we found that if you quoted a previous post, it would let you reply, but not of those posts actually showed up. It was only after we rolled over to the next page that any new posts are showing.
though I can't check it at present [will be offline in a few minutes]
if you are using a custom theme then try using MyBB's Stock theme
and check if you can see the posts & use the delete button

you can also try checking through threaded mode of the thread
or through changing postbit style [classic / horizintal ...]
(2020-07-02, 03:31 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]though I can't check it at present [will be offline in a few minutes]
if you are using a custom theme then try using MyBB's Stock theme
and check if you can see the posts & use the delete button

you can also try checking through threaded mode of the thread
or through changing postbit style [classic / horizintal ...]

Good morning!

I did try viewing the thread in different ways, even deleted a previous post thinking it may have simply "ran out of room" to display the buttons. I did try the default theme also and no luck.

It looks like the Member was posting a link to a Fox News video that included javascript. I think that somehow "locked" that page from any further views or comments.
Could you please share the link to the post you mentioned (and a test user account/password if that post is restricted)? PM either to me or @.m. is fine.
(2020-07-02, 04:39 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]Could you please share the link to the post you mentioned (and a test user account/password if that post is restricted)? PM either to me or @.m. is fine.

Hi Noyle!

Thank you for the reply.

Here is the link to the post: https://www.beyond-the-fringe.com/showth...#pid236684

You can see the page stops when it reads the script.
^ try below
if html posting is turned on at the forum settings then turn it off.
if automedia plugin or a similar plugin is used then temporarily disable it.

you can also try by temporarily disabling javascript execution in your browser.
(2020-07-03, 01:49 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ try below
if html posting is turned on at the forum settings then turn it off.
if automedia plugin or a similar plugin is used then temporarily disable it.

you can also try by temporarily disabling javascript execution in your browser.

You are a star! I disabled javascript temporarily and was able to edit the post.

Thank you so much!