MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Not a support but general question. Do member profiles have rss feed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey gang, do member profiles have rss feeds? Not that this is a big deal, but it would be cool to see if this exists
No. requires a plugin.
which information you would be interested through such profile RSS ?
(2020-07-03, 02:50 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]No. requires a plugin.
which information you would be interested through such profile RSS ?

Huh, good question, because the more I think about it, it seems like an activity stream rss would be cool, but to be honest, I just seen this on another site, and thought, does anyone even still use RSS, because some old poetry site I was a member of, and the design is completely outdated, and has not been updated 8 years has rss button on member profiles.

So really M, I guess the real question is, do people even use RSS anymore? personally, I have never really used it.
^ personally I rely on RSS feeds from a number of websites on a daily basis !
however I do not remember seeing RSS for member profile. it is not supposed to change
regularly. may be we would get when member was last active & if new content was made
by that specific member ...
(2020-07-03, 03:57 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ personally I rely on RSS feeds from a number of websites on a daily basis !
however I do not remember seeing RSS for member profile. it is not supposed to change
regularly. may be we would get when member was last active & if new content was made
by that specific member ...
Hey m. I read this when you first posted the response and I just want to say thanks for the feedback! And the info, good to know~
Most forum owners I know forbid robots to go to member profiles. And I don't think it's relevant to have a rss feed of members because the content of a member page, even if the user updates it frequently (why ?), as no real relation with the interesting content of the board.
(2020-07-15, 09:24 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Most forum owners I know forbid robots to go to member profiles. And I don't think it's relevant to have a rss feed of members because the content of a member page, even if the user updates it frequently (why ?), as no real relation with the interesting content of the board.

Thank you for the added insight! I'm going to think about this statement and use the information to continue to establish an opinion.