MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: error message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I have version 1.6.18
I can not reply to posts for some reason and get error message

[color=var(--heading-color)]This page isn’t working[/color]
www.MySite.co.uk is currently unable to handle this request.
[color=var(--error-code-color)]HTTP ERROR 500
[/color]

Has anyone any idea what causes this?
check recent entries of server error log if it exists at your web host control panel
(2020-07-09, 03:30 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]check recent entries of server error log if it exists at your web host control panel

There are no error logs that I can see?

it allows you to post quick reply's, but if you click on "Reply"
you get the error message.
Hey,
are you 100% sure there are no logs? Surely there'd be at least a PHP error log, right?
If not, maybe there's an option somewhere to enable it, then you could reproduce the error and find out what's causing it?
Also, try disabling all plugins and see if the error still happens. If it doesn't, re-enable them all one by one and try to click quick reply each time. As soon as the error happens, you'll know which plugin caused it, at least.
(2020-07-09, 04:22 PM)mTurtle_ Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,
are you 100% sure there are no logs? Surely there'd be at least a PHP error log, right?
If not, maybe there's an option somewhere to enable it, then you could reproduce the error and find out what's causing it?
Also, try disabling all plugins and see if the error still happens. If it doesn't, re-enable them all one by one and try to click quick reply each time. As soon as the error happens, you'll know which plugin caused it, at least.

Hi
I do not have any plugins added
have you any other ideas ?
probably the problem is due to use of recent version of php with older version of MyBB

can't check it further at present. if you need direct help then PM me temporary access
to forum admin panel & web host control panel. I may be able to check it in a day or two ..
(2020-07-09, 04:49 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]probably the problem is due to use of recent version of php with older version of MyBB

can't check it further at present. if you need direct help then PM me temporary access
to forum admin panel & web host control panel. I may be able to check it in a day or two ..

Hi .m.
As soon as I read your post
I changed the php version to 5.6
and that has fixed the problem.

Many Many Thanks for your help
it's much appreciated!