MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Could not connect to the database server" while everyting is correct?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2020-07-13, 05:16 AM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]In some Linux distros, MySQL uses auth_socket as default authentication plugin. That means for the user root on MySQL, you have to log in to MySQL as root under the same Linux user root, just like how you did in your first post.

As for the other user mybb_user, neither if the authentication plugin of it permits password login nor if the correct database privileges are granted for it (refer to @nixer55's reply) is unknown to us.

This random answer to the problem about root login might help: https://stackoverflow.com/a/42742610/6681141 and perhaps you may need to review the configurations for user mybb_user.
Worked! I had 'caching_sha2_password' but changing it to 'mysql_native_password' solved my problem.
CREATE USER 'mybb_user'@'localhost';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON mybb_database.* TO 'mybb_user'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION;
UPDATE user SET plugin='mysql_native_password' WHERE User='mybb_user';
ALTER USER 'user'@'hostname' IDENTIFIED BY 'my-password';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
...but now there is another problem... This is what happens when I'm pressing F5:
[Image: xyaELgV.gif]

I tried reinstalling it but it gives me more errors:
[Image: 5kVXO3E.png]

Ok, nevermind.

I installed it again and it works now.
It looks like that the storage your database installed on has glitches, disk errors or bad storage/sectors. fsck may help.
Pages: 1 2