MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox SQL error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, I recently attempted an ASB installation (version 3.1.19) and I got the following error

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'groups TEXT,themes TEXT,settings TEXT,wrap_content INT(1),dateline INT(10)) ENGI' at line 1

Query:CREATE TABLE mybb_asb_sideboxes (id INT(10) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY,display_order INT(10) NOT NULL,box_type VARCHAR(25) NOT NULL,title TEXT,title_link VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL,position INT(2),scripts TEXT,groups TEXT,themes TEXT,settings TEXT,wrap_content INT(1),dateline INT(10)) ENGINE=myisam CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_general_ci;

I tried to use the previous version (3.1.18) but got the same result. Is it a problem with the fact that I changed my database to the utf8mb4 encoding or something else. Seem to get a similar error with other plugins calling unknown syntax. Is there a simple way to rollback to utf8 without using a previous backup?

thanks in advance
most probably groups is a reserved word in your version of the database server.

in general we suggest to use a different word for such reserved words.

however IIRC, Advanced Sidebox plugin uses it in a number of files
at present can't check required changes in all those files ...

main files could be :
/plugins/asb/install_data.php
/plugins/asb/functions_acp.php
/plugins/asb/acp.php
/plugins/asb/forum.php
/plugins/asb/classes/SideboxObject.php