MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OMG i need help please ( change Prefix Database) error message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi , i need help i have Fallow the guide For change the Database prefix in Ubuntu -- with mariadb (sql)..

in the terminal i have fallow the guide of mybb before i have

stop nginx
mariadb
mysql
etc

and i have change all

make exit;

and i have go in the config file and Change to the new prefix

Normaly is working Because before i have try in another computer with a Fresh install of Mybb ...

i have That message when i restart all and try now to go in my site ..

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (42)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

What i need to do ?

I cannot acess to my Board link because i have that error but i have made backups in the Admin panel menu of the database table i have choose to Backups all How Now I can recover my board with the backups

Ubuntu 18.04

i try The /install/upgrade.php

is ask me to connect with an Admin account Okais I know i am sure of my Login information is noted in a Bloc note and I have connected last time past 2 hours .. !

i try to login Is Say Invalid username .. Wtf !

i want to precise about the install folder i have deleted that after the install i have past 5 min ago re download the mybb same version to take her install/upgrade the complet folder install to put as root ! in the good place maybe is the problems i cannot login ?

in the upgrade page or MAybe is because when i have Change the table prefix is have deleted all i dont know how because i have fallow the guide on mybb only rename the name and make the change table per table .. nothing more ..
if you have reinstalled MyBB on existing database then earlier content is lost.
you can restore recent back up of database & get back your working forum

see Database Restore guidance & this related thread
hi i have only Change the prefix Database and after i have that error i speak about when i restart all .. i dont have re installed the board i have a backup of The Board Complet Folder and I have a Backups before the probleme of the Database Because i have go in Admin panel and Create a Database backups .. But i dont know in ubuntu with Mariadb mysql , How to recover the board with the backups Your Tutorial working ? for my problems ?

i have Try to upgrade but is not working is say My login information not working is invalid Probably because of mysql error .. the change of prefix .. i have put A Lot of time to config all Sad

Thanks for your help i will try With Ssh method But i dont use ssh i have

nginx
mysql
mariadb Where the file are i supposed because i use the terminal in ubuntu 18.04 to go in the database..

? do you have a tutorial for me or working ? ssh the tutorial same to be the same command to access to the database

(2020-07-16, 09:55 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if you have reinstalled MyBB on existing database then earlier content is lost.

I try with the ssh way in the terminal in ubuntu i have That Error
probably because i need before to Delete the old file ? modified by me with the table prefix ?

root@keven:/home/keven# mysql -u mybbuser -p mybb < /home/keven/Downloads/backup_backups.sql
Enter password:
ERROR 1050 (42S01) at line 1104: Table 'myforum_adminlog' already exists

what i need to do to repair that error Error 1050 Myforum_adminlog already exist

(2020-07-16, 09:55 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if you have reinstalled MyBB on existing database then earlier content is lost.

OMG I have Just enter in the config file the Wrong Database name

without uppercase i have access to my forum url is working to connect Nothing loose I am sorry .. For that panic .. but I Cannot Change The table prefix Because is not working ! i dont understand how because at the final is show me need to Upgrade
^ if you want to restore database backup then you have to drop all tables in existing database.
probably there is a mistake in using modified table prefix in the config.php file. can you check it ..
(2020-07-16, 10:19 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ if you want to restore database backup then you have to drop all tables in existing database.
probably there is a mistake in using modified table prefix in the config.php file. can you check it ..

If i understand I install ubuntu in another computer Example if i want to Change the host and i create mysql like with the forum and i can make the command of you have give to me to restor the table ? if i use all the same password With mysql etc .. i go in /var/www and i put the folder and normaly i can access to it ?

Maybe i have make a mistake in the Config for change the name i will try again But in 2-3 day probably And in another computer i Dont touch nothing here now haha .. omg ..
^ sometimes little mistakes might result in big confusion. I'd suggest
to not work in a hurry - as you said, take some time to get back to it.
yess sure i have another questions when i copy the mybb folder and mysql file to another host Computer does i need to in the config file to change the database password database username and database database to the new Host computer what i have newly created in that computer ? if i understand i only need to lets database table prefix like in the Other computer the First where i have take the file ? because table prefix Dont change..

because i have the same database database (name)
the same prefix
the same username

for the password is different in the 2 place but i try the 2 password one by one and i have one error of mysql

Read Unable to connect mysql server

1045 Acess Denied for user (mybbuser1) @ localhost userpassword YESS)

when i put 1 password is show me one error sql userpassword YEss

when i put the other I have a refresh page infinite is refresh refresh refresh and is white page .. i have restart nginx / mysql /mariadb .. and is continue ..

i have make the change in the nginx server config for the correct folder ..

I will reset the 2rd computer to start to 0 With only The slq database and Forum folder and Try to use the same password like the other computer and try to use the Same config for nginx Server .. ! etc .. I come back later here to say if is working Thanks you

is maybe a probleme of permisions ? Because all file in my folder in www/forum .. all file are with Lock ?
when i transfert betwen 1 ubuntu to 1 ubuntu i made the command cp -r the folder where is the Forum to The usb drive and
the usb drive to www in other computer ...What i can do ? is maybe not these ..

i have maybe found
Any Can confirm
Now that you have restored your database, we are not quite done yet. You may now need to configure your database settings in ./inc/config.php :

$config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_'; - The Table Prefix from the database should be placed here.

the prefix for the 1rsr computer is example Forumnew_

the second is mybb_

when i have Transfert the backups sql and folder to the second computer i have change the prefix in the config file of mybb for forunnew_ is maybe for that is not working ? Where I Can have the new prefix if now i Re install ubuntu to the second computer ?

because when i create database in mysql i dont remember to see for prefix Is only when i install A Fresh install of Mybb in the option during install ..

can i know the prefix i need to use is the new of the new ubuntu install ?

or is the old with the backups i have made (where i have made)

i re install again ubuntu for the 2rd Time today Because i have try to take the database copy of i have and install in the mariadb sql .. but i have this error

1045 Acess Denied for user (mybbuser1) @ localhost userpassword YESS)

and i have fallow the guide to create a Forum with mybb and Grant Privileges.. mybbuser and mybb (is the name of database) ..

access denied for localhost .. ? Anyone Can made A guide in ubuntu 18.04 how To Take the .sql Backups and install with a Fresh install of ubuntu ? first made Update of ubuntu / install nginx /maria db etc .. After when the serve block of nginx are config .. is time to Dump (install) the backups sql .. and is not working .. ! as root or No Root ..