MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL command to change views counter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the SQL command to change a specific thread's view counter to 100. Somehow i think someone either put a bot on or a bug in the software made it 7,000 views in under 24 hours. I would like to moodify it back to something reasonable like 100-ish
UPDATE mybb_threads SET views = 100 WHERE tid = XXX

Replace mybb_ with your table prefix and XXX is the thread ID.
thank you that worked
(2020-07-16, 11:09 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]What is the SQL command to change a specific thread's view counter to 100. Somehow i think someone either put a bot on or a bug in the software made it 7,000 views in under 24 hours. I would like to moodify it back to something reasonable like 100-ish

hi probably yess is A bot and Ddos on your board , I dont know about your project how is working but You can put a lot of security for counter bot to enter easly inside your board .. If A member here Can Re update The Gif Captcha the post i have made To REquest to this We can Be Secure More Than for the moment .. Because in that plugin we can adjust the speed of the gif show and With more option is Better Than Captcha..
(2020-07-17, 06:41 PM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]hi probably yess is A bot and Ddos on your board , I dont know about your project how is working but You can put a lot of security for counter bot to enter easly inside your board ..  If A member here Can Re update The Gif Captcha the post i have made To REquest to this We can Be Secure More Than for the moment .. Because in that plugin we can adjust the speed of the gif show and With more option is Better Than Captcha..

@malcom5322, are you spamming us regarding this gif captcha plugin?  Perhaps I'm wrong, and that's unfair.  But don't see the need to hijack other threads to make your point.  With all due respect, I'd reign in it a bit.

cheers...
(2020-07-17, 06:41 PM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]hi probably yess is A bot and Ddos on your board

Bot, yes. DDoS, not likely.

Please stop just assuming everything is a DDoS.
DDoS can kill cats and babies... But they won't just change a counter. A slashdot effect can. Was the incriminated post quoted on shashdot ?
(2020-07-18, 10:13 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]DDoS can kill cats and babies... But they won't just change a counter. A slashdot effect can. Was the incriminated post quoted on shashdot ?

It’s far far less likely to be a DDoS than a garden variety bot or some idiot with a refresh counter.