MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: XTheme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
XTheme allows you to change your themes with links like example.com/index.php?action=xtheme&style=themeID
Change the themeID to the ID number of the theme you want. Example IDs: 1,2,3,4,5.

This is a very simple plugin, you can see a live demo on WallBB forums(https://wallbb.co.uk).

Installation Instructions

1. Upload the content inside upload folder on your forum root.
2. Go To Admin CP > Plugins > XTheme
3. Activate the XTheme plugin

Enjoy changing your theme using simple links.

Note: XTheme is a port for MyBB 1.8 series of the mytheme plugin by Kaser for MyBB 1.6.
Full Credits to Kaser for designing this plugin.

Download
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1388

Regards
WallBB
Hi, thanks for your contributions.

Please note that this plugin bypasses theme permissions that the default theme selector doesn't.
(2020-07-17, 10:50 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, thanks for your contributions.

Please note that this plugin bypasses theme permissions that the default theme selector doesn't.
Yes, the purpose is to allow theme change using a link Smile
Default theme selector doesn't allow theme change using link.
I don't want to hijack your thread, but you can kind of achieve it, tho not so nicely as it doesn't redirect.
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/?theme=1&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}">Theme</a>
(2020-07-20, 09:33 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to hijack your thread, but you can kind of achieve it, tho not so nicely as it doesn't redirect.
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/?theme=1&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}">Theme</a>
Out of curiosity, can you share this link to a person who is not having MyBB account? Smile
It won't work for them and hence this plugin solves it.
^ sorry, such link also works for the guests as they have my_post_key
(2020-07-20, 01:09 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ sorry, such link also works for the guests as they have my_post_key

Pardon me for asking, how can I share the link on other places?
As far as I know, the above link would work fine on the forum but it can't be shared.
As far as I know, every guest will have a different my_post_key and hence this above link couldn't be shared outside the forum.

If it can be shared outside the forum, then the ported XTheme plugin is useless. Smile
^ no, as you said, that link can't be shared outside the forum.
(2020-07-20, 02:01 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ no, as you said, that link can't be shared outside the forum.
Smile
That's the purpose of this plugin. I use this plugin for WallBB theme demo links outside MyBB, hopefully this plugin can help in some other use case as well.
You are right, it can’t be shared outside templates.