MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: DVZ Shoutbox (2.3.3) How to Move To A page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi , I have fallow the guide to install the shoutbox but i can only install it in the index page ( the First page when member are connected with forum ..) ..

How i can Move to her proper page like if use the Stats page or Member page erased all of the code to put only the shout and when people go in /stats.php .. they find the Shout .. I want to have a page only for that and To be in The forum....

what i mean in the forum is is need To be Connected to View and be allowed to Shout..!

i have try to put the Line of code
{$dvz_shoutbox}

to another Template or page is same to not working ..

for the moment is in Index template page . ! i can only move to the top or to the down of page .. ! is a good start but When people come into the board is will made Loading and loading for nothing .. the best is to change the place where is to Reduce and have a Better shout more long in the page .. dedicated for that . !

i want to know is possible to have multiple shout If yess How ? like page 1 for that group of member page 2 for that group of member like admin..

and is possible to have a Private shout like /private admin and speak in private ..

thanks you
you can try using this method

private shout is not available in this plugin.
instead, you can try using DVZ Shoutbox modified
(2020-07-18, 07:42 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can try using this method

i will test it in less of 2 hours and Back about that Seriously Thanks you you are very helpful

about your tuto is working with the modified version ? do you think ?
i mean to put in a template for that and can you check the code i think is have one error

<?php

define('IN_MYBB', '1');
define('THIS_SCRIPT', 'shoutnox.php');
require "./global.php";

$plugins->run_hooks("dvz_shoutbox_start");

add_breadcrumb("Shoutbox", "shoutbox.php");
eval("\$page = \"".$templates->get("shoutbox")."\";");
output_page($page);

?>

is Write shoutnox And Not shoutbox is normal ?

can I know I dont understand Where after The Shoutbox will Be ? if is the good Write in english Where we found the shoutbox in a specific page ?

or in all subforum or index page ?

I found to have a Dedicated page only 1 for that plugin shoutbox ..

but I dont think is respond to my second request but is okais i re ask

that tutorial is not for have multiple page of the shoutbox ? like 1 shout for page 1 is for Member page 2 reserved to admin .. but i dont needed finally all is okais because your plugin modified you have give to me if is working well Is perfect Big Grin

(2020-07-18, 07:42 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can try using this method

i have an Important Security Questions about The Shoutbox modifed or not ... if an member post an Url is will be only in text ? if yess is a risk of security or not ? because url parsing is a risk ? is need to be clickable ?

can i made something to patch the problems if is one problems like permisions chmod to the folder of shout or plugin or sql command line or

if possible to modify the plugins for block url ? if yess How ?
thanks you i Think Every time about security first ..

inside the tutorial

done
now edit inc/plugins/dvz_shotbox.php
if you wont shoutbox on index and sub page add

$plugins->add_hook('dvz_shoutbox_start', ['dvz_shoutbox', 'load_window']); // load Shoutbox window to {$dvz_shoutbox} variable

PHP
in hook area
if y wont only on sub page replace

$plugins->add_hook('index_end', ['dvz_shoutbox', 'load_window']); // load Shoutbox window to {$dvz_shoutbox} variable

PHP
to

$plugins->add_hook('dvz_shoutbox_start', ['dvz_shoutbox', 'load_window']); // load Shoutbox window to {$dvz_shoutbox} variable

i choose what if i want only To have a page like .com/shoutbox.php and have a page only for the shout ? i dont understand
like i say english is not my mother tong Confused

thanks you
Quote:is Write shoutnox And Not shoutbox is normal ?

It's just an error, replace with shoutbox

Quote:i choose what if i want only To have a page like .com/shoutbox.php and have a page only for the shout ? i dont understand
like i say english is not my mother tong Confused

It's simple, he said:

if y wont only on sub page replace

$plugins->add_hook('index_end',  ['dvz_shoutbox', 'load_window']); // load Shoutbox window to {$dvz_shoutbox} variable

to

$plugins->add_hook('dvz_shoutbox_start',  ['dvz_shoutbox', 'load_window']); // load Shoutbox window to {$dvz_shoutbox} variable
I try to understand how is working now Thanks you i can go in /shoutbox.php i have the chat but now i find how to change background color I read the Thread of the plugins a lot of page but i find some member ask the same thing i dont know what color is the best but white .. What do you think and recommend ?

If i want to add the link /shoutbox.php to the index A side of Log out the button at right side of log out in the nav bar if is the good name

how i do that ? i want to Write a button like logout but Named Chat1 and if user click on it they are redirected to the shoutbox.php..
you need to edit the template "header_welcomeblock_member"

you can replace this code

<span class="welcome">{$lang->welcome_back} <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&amp;logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}" class="logout">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a></span>

with this for example

<span class="welcome">{$lang->welcome_back} <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&amp;logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}" class="logout">{$lang->welcome_logout}</a><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/shoutbox.php" class="logout">Shoutbox</a></span>

For the color I don't know, you need to find something that feet with your theme
Quote:forumURL/shoutbox.php
note: such link works only if shoutbox.php file is coded & placed at the main folder of the forum.
i have another problems I have install a plugin For Report of user in the Shoutbox

in the archive is ask A ban reason an name of user and Duration

all working if I enter the Uid of the user but if i enter a name like test1 is show a Mysql error with the the information Private of the sql

like mybb_user Where username LIKE test1

is give the name of the prefix if an moderator have that error is A risk of security .. How i can resolve the problems without disabled the plugins report ..

Sql error 1054 unknown Colum test1 Where Clause

DVZ Shoutbox Modified Reports_2_stables.zip

I have made another Test Is dont made error i am sure when we enter Wathever of id To ban even if the member does not exist like id ban : 643634634634 is show an error user does not exist example...

how we Can Block To enter Letter like a b c d e f g h i .. etc .. to dont allow to Enter A name just the id * Number ..

if We can Block that function username text is Not made error .. and all working fine ! for put moderator to control the shoutbox !