MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fast Server How to
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi i know already about vps dedicated etc ..

but I want to know in the mybb admin panel / Configuration / board settings

What i need to Use like in the server and optimization

Send no cache header ? I set to yess or not example ?

i dont understand how i can prevent user to reload the page Every time if is already loaded .. i think is with the cache ? can is cause problems ?

and i see Cdn how is working is Secure or not ? i mean For be hacked by an hacker ?

Is possible to not pay anything and use that function ?

or Can i Use A computer at home To use that function like with ( 20 Mbis upload speed ) and 100 mbits download speed ?

a board like + 5000 user example

what is the options the Dedicated server will be 1 gbs Undeterred ..
(2020-07-18, 06:18 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi i know already about vps dedicated etc ..

You'll want caching. Caching allows content to be stored in the users browser, so they don't have to re-download it each time. No caching is slower.

(2020-07-18, 06:18 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]i dont understand how i can prevent user to reload the page Every time if is already loaded .. i think is with the cache ? can is cause problems ?

If the user wants to reload the page, they're going to reload the page.

(2020-07-18, 06:18 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]and i see Cdn how is working is Secure or not ? i mean For be hacked by an hacker ?

CDNs have nothing to do with hackers; CDNs are there to cache static assets (CSS, Javascripts, etc) at the edge, rather than requesting them from your server. Saves bandwidth.

(2020-07-18, 06:18 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]Is possible to not pay anything and use that function ?

https://cloudflare.com

(2020-07-18, 06:18 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]or Can i Use A computer at home To use that function like with ( 20 Mbis upload speed ) and 100 mbits download speed ?

DO NOT USE YOUR HOME COMPUTER FOR ANYTHING TO DO WITH SERVER HOSTING.

Since you completely ignored my other post.

(2020-07-18, 06:18 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]a board like + 5000 user example

You don't have 5000 users. If you did, you'd be getting someone already competent to do the work for you.

(2020-07-18, 06:18 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]what is the options the Dedicated server will be 1 gbs Undeterred ..

Do you really need gigabit?
(2020-07-18, 08:45 AM)s3_gunzel Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-18, 06:18 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi i know already about vps dedicated etc ..

You'll want caching. Caching allows content to be stored in the users browser, so they don't have to re-download it each time. No caching is slower.

(2020-07-18, 06:18 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]i dont understand how i can prevent user to reload the page Every time if is already loaded .. i think is with the cache ? can is cause problems ?

If the user wants to reload the page, they're going to reload the page.

(2020-07-18, 06:18 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]and i see Cdn how is working is Secure or not ? i mean For be hacked by an hacker ?

CDNs have nothing to do with hackers; CDNs are there to cache static assets (CSS, Javascripts, etc) at the edge, rather than requesting them from your server. Saves bandwidth.

(2020-07-18, 06:18 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]Is possible to not pay anything and use that function ?

https://cloudflare.com

(2020-07-18, 06:18 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]or Can i Use A computer at home To use that function like with ( 20 Mbis upload speed ) and 100 mbits download speed ?

DO NOT USE YOUR HOME COMPUTER FOR ANYTHING TO DO WITH SERVER HOSTING.

Since you completely ignored my other post.

(2020-07-18, 06:18 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]a board like + 5000 user example

You don't have 5000 users. If you did, you'd be getting someone already competent to do the work for you.

(2020-07-18, 06:18 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]what is the options the Dedicated server will be 1 gbs Undeterred ..

Do you really need gigabit?

Hi , Again Thanks you to take time to respond to my post english is not my mother tong , About Caching If i understand Is not Bad to use For caching in browser of the user ? how i do this i don't understand exactly ? in in Server optimization of mybb ? in nginx ? you recommend to me what ?
i don't understand the sens of No Caching is Slower You mean use caching in browser of user is slow ? you don't recommend me to do that ?

about your last post i remember I just want to know the best way Without pay more than i can every month i have a budget limit.

about the board for the moment i have 0 user is not Hosted but Later Probably i will have + 100 000 Subscription and more than 5000 User Active this is what i Put about the Aprox but the True is probably A Lot Less of that .. but i want to Optimize all of that to Allow to resist to ddos attack ... Nginx config with Data Rate limit speed rate limit etc Can be A good option i think ..and host it on An Intranet maybe is a Better option to Resist as most of attack i have see here hacker when they want they spam bot registration and ddos a lot of post here and on internet about that problem.. i do Not pretend to be A pro or To be Anti hacker resistant ..

and About the gbs dedicated Yess because Is help to resist to Spam and ddos less of that probably is crash my server if i received attack i have see on internet is Easy to ddos certain tool can Open + 9999999999 page per Computer and Certain hacker use that with Botnet .. is mean with different computer and ip ... i have see with nginx we can change the limit of what we can have to better is depend of ram and config of the computer how many he can take and the speed internet ..

Again Thanks you for your respond
good day
(2020-07-18, 09:36 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi , Again Thanks you to take time to respond to my post english is not my mother tong , About Caching If i understand Is not Bad to use For caching in browser of the user ? how i  do this i don't understand exactly ? in in Server optimization of mybb ? in nginx ? you recommend to me what ?

Set caching headers. If you don't, your user has to download everything every time, which is time-expensive.

(2020-07-18, 09:36 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]i don't understand the sens of No Caching is Slower You mean use caching in browser of user is slow ? you don't recommend me to do that ?

As I said: If you don't set a cache header, things'll get loaded every time, and the website will, in effect be slower.

(2020-07-18, 09:36 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]about your last post i remember I just want to know the best way Without pay more than i can every month i have a budget limit.

That was a PM, when you PM'd me for support. I have no issues assisting you publicly, as it benefits the community as a whole.

(2020-07-18, 09:36 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]about the board for the moment i have 0 user is not Hosted but Later Probably i will have + 100 000 Subscription and more than 5000 User Active this is what i Put about the Aprox but the True is probably A Lot Less of that .. but i want to Optimize all of that to Allow to resist to ddos attack ... Nginx config with Data Rate limit speed rate limit etc Can be A good option i think ..and host it on An Intranet maybe is a Better option to Resist as most of attack i have see here hacker when they want they spam bot registration and ddos a lot of post here and on internet about that problem.. i do Not pretend to be A pro or To be Anti hacker resistant ..

Then you have plenty of time to learn. Getting a board off the ground now is a pain, and I can assure you, you don't need a CDN, or caching, or anything just yet. A simple, shared hosting plan will work for you until you can grasp the basics of server maintenance. I would not, therefore, advise renting a VPS until you're confident in server management.

(2020-07-18, 09:36 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]and About the gbs dedicated Yess because Is help to resist to Spam and ddos less of that probably is crash my server if i received attack i have see on internet is Easy to ddos certain tool can Open + 9999999999 page per Computer and Certain hacker use that with Botnet .. is mean with different computer and ip ... i have see with nginx we can change the limit of what we can have to better is depend of ram and config of the computer how many he can take and the speed internet ..

That's not how any of this works.

You're not Facebook, you're not going to be subject to DDoS attacks. People don't know you exist. They don't just go around sending gigabits of data to you to take down your website. It's an expensive task to take a website down.

I think you need to stop reading crap on the internet, and start listening to people with experience.
(2020-07-18, 10:02 AM)s3_gunzel Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-18, 09:36 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi , Again Thanks you to take time to respond to my post english is not my mother tong , About Caching If i understand Is not Bad to use For caching in browser of the user ? how i  do this i don't understand exactly ? in in Server optimization of mybb ? in nginx ? you recommend to me what ?

Set caching headers. If you don't, your user has to download everything every time, which is time-expensive.

(2020-07-18, 09:36 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]i don't understand the sens of No Caching is Slower You mean use caching in browser of user is slow ? you don't recommend me to do that ?

As I said: If you don't set a cache header, things'll get loaded every time, and the website will, in effect be slower.

(2020-07-18, 09:36 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]about your last post i remember I just want to know the best way Without pay more than i can every month i have a budget limit.

That was a PM, when you PM'd me for support. I have no issues assisting you publicly, as it benefits the community as a whole.

(2020-07-18, 09:36 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]about the board for the moment i have 0 user is not Hosted but Later Probably i will have + 100 000 Subscription and more than 5000 User Active this is what i Put about the Aprox but the True is probably A Lot Less of that .. but i want to Optimize all of that to Allow to resist to ddos attack ... Nginx config with Data Rate limit speed rate limit etc Can be A good option i think ..and host it on An Intranet maybe is a Better option to Resist as most of attack i have see here hacker when they want they spam bot registration and ddos a lot of post here and on internet about that problem.. i do Not pretend to be A pro or To be Anti hacker resistant ..

Then you have plenty of time to learn. Getting a board off the ground now is a pain, and I can assure you, you don't need a CDN, or caching, or anything just yet. A simple, shared hosting plan will work for you until you can grasp the basics of server maintenance. I would not, therefore, advise renting a VPS until you're confident in server management.

(2020-07-18, 09:36 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]and About the gbs dedicated Yess because Is help to resist to Spam and ddos less of that probably is crash my server if i received attack i have see on internet is Easy to ddos certain tool can Open + 9999999999 page per Computer and Certain hacker use that with Botnet .. is mean with different computer and ip ... i have see with nginx we can change the limit of what we can have to better is depend of ram and config of the computer how many he can take and the speed internet ..

That's not how any of this works.

You're not Facebook, you're not going to be subject to DDoS attacks. People don't know you exist. They don't just go around sending gigabits of data to you to take down your website. It's an expensive task to take a website down.

I think you need to stop reading crap on the internet, and start listening to people with experience.

thanks , i am grateful for your help , Can you explain to me how To set cache to the user not need to Download Every time ? Because I dont know the way and i use translator certain time to speak here is not correctly translate if i understand if i cache the page etc in the browser of the user is better because he dont need to reload every time

about That was a PM, when you PM'd me for support. I have no issues assisting you publicly, as it benefits the community as a whole.

i understand and we need more member here to Help each other when we can help each other is how is made a Better community and is make mybb More powerful with all idea
(2020-07-18, 10:12 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]thanks , i am grateful for your help , Can you explain to me how To set cache to the user not need to Download Every time ? Because I dont know the way and i use translator certain time to speak here is not correctly translate  if i understand if i cache the page etc in the browser of the user is better because he dont need to reload every time

Again: You have no members, you don't need caching.
(2020-07-18, 10:17 AM)s3_gunzel Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-18, 10:12 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]thanks , i am grateful for your help , Can you explain to me how To set cache to the user not need to Download Every time ? Because I dont know the way and i use translator certain time to speak here is not correctly translate  if i understand if i cache the page etc in the browser of the user is better because he dont need to reload every time

Again: You have no members, you don't need caching.

i understand but i will have a lot of user i am sure , If i can know how to is be appreciated

is all of i ask Smile
(2020-07-18, 10:23 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]i understand but i will have a lot of user i am sure , If i can know how to is be appreciated

Hate to tell you - you won't. Not in the short-to-mid term.

Cache headers are set in your nginx config. Out of scope of MyBB support.
(2020-07-18, 10:26 AM)s3_gunzel Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-18, 10:23 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]i understand but i will have a lot of user i am sure , If i can know how to is be appreciated

Hate to tell you - you won't. Not in the short-to-mid term.

Cache headers are set in your nginx config. Out of scope of MyBB support.

okais i understand