MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "This site can't be reached"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to import a theme on a new install of MyBB version 1.8.23 and when I press the Import Theme Button it is taking me to a page that says This Site Can't Be Reached (See Screenshot).

I've tried importing it from a local file as well as via URL, I have Ignore Version Compatibility Checked.

No idea what's happening, any thoughts/ suggestions? My network is fine, I've disabled any firewalls etc which could be preventing it and still can't get passed this.

[attachment=43067]

Just to further test I did try to import the file from a completely different computer on a completely different network connection (No way tied to mine) and it does the same thing.
probably time out problem or a server issue. check recent entries of server error log to trace cause
[web host control panel should be having a link to the error log]
(2020-07-19, 04:08 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]probably time out problem or a server issue. check recent entries of server error log to trace cause
[web host control panel should be having a link to the error log]

Not seeing anything in the error log. What I do see is when I click to Import Theme it shows it's uploading down in the bottom left hand corner the browser in the status bar but it always goes to the Site Can't Be Reached before it makes it to 100%.. Not sure how to extend the time to give it time to finish uploading before going to the next screen.

Theme is the Emerald Extended by the way.
do you have problem with that particular theme or is it also with other themes ?

if you are using shared web host then you may have to contact your host support.

basically we check maximum execution time at php information available at the
tools & maintenance section of forum admin panel

look for values of : max_execution_time , upload_max_filesize , post_max_size
(2020-07-19, 08:22 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]do you have problem with that particular theme or is it also with other themes ?

if you are using shared web host then you may have to contact your host support.

basically we check maximum execution time at php information available at the
tools & maintenance section of forum admin panel

look for values of : max_execution_time  , upload_max_filesize , post_max_size

Other themes have worked just fine. Even the free version of the Emerald theme.  Everything you just said to check looks good I think..

[attachment=43068]
^ at web host control panel, you might be having option to change php settings.
can you try changing max_execution_time to 60 [or 90 could be better] ...
(2020-07-19, 09:57 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ at web host control panel, you might be having option to change php settings.
can you try changing max_execution_time to 60 [or 90 could be better] ...

Changed to 90, I see it reflected in the admin control panel that it's set to 90 now, still can't import theme.

It almost instantly goes to the Site Can't Be Reached page.
Will you try again with another browser or via other Internet providers / VPNs?

If PHP execution results in timeout the page should still display but with a 5xx error. With connection reset, it looks like an Internet error.
(2020-07-19, 11:29 AM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]Will you try again with another browser or via other Internet providers / VPNs?

If PHP execution results in timeout the page should still display but with a 5xx error. With connection reset, it looks like an Internet error.

Ways I've tried it:

At home on Firefox, Edge, Chrome
At my work (Completely different computer & Network) on Firefox, Edge, Chrome
At my neighbors (Completely different computer & Network) on Firefox, Edge, Chrome

and just for giggles

On my phone (On the Verizon network) using Samsung Browser.

This is why I believe it's something setting related and not local to my devices/ network.

To add more details, I'm using Godaddy linux unlimited hosting with cpanel. Everything else seems to be working perfect except this import button. File upload buttons work with no issue.
Yeah but the "connection reset" issue seems to be the server not responding (though less likely) or an Internet issue (eg. firewall blocks). If there's any configuration issues with PHP or MyBB, the page should display at least with a 5xx error.

I suggest you to contact GoDaddy's support for help.