MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Don't allow administrators to change usergroups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This plugin had been coded for me previously by Devilshakerz and it allows you to give your administrators access to the User & Groups tab but will not let them move users to a different usergroup. It is restricted to Super Administrators only (as defined in /inc/config.php)

[Image: 3da2f7d9066e7a50d2d034996610bd8f.png]

Download

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1389
This is actually a good idea. With some more flexibility it'll be great. Why stop at just usergroups aha.
(2020-07-18, 08:51 PM)Wires Wrote: [ -> ]This is actually a good idea. With some more flexibility it'll be great. Why stop at just usergroups aha.

What else do you think may be useful? I thought the admin can just have the permission to the group settings removed.
So basically it just disables changing user's group, right? (I'm a little confused by you mentioning emails.)

Since administrators can only gain or lose permissions modifying groups then it makes total sense, sounds like a good security addition to the ACP.
(2020-07-19, 03:55 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]So basically it just disables changing user's group, right? (I'm a little confused by you mentioning emails.)

Since administrators can only gain or lose permissions modifying groups then it makes total sense, sounds like a good security addition to the ACP.

It was late when I posted these lol, I have removed the bit about emails. Yep so they can still have access to the Users and Groups tab to perform normal administrative duties on accounts (name changes, email changes etc) but they can’t change a members user group unless they are a Super Admin.
Thanks Ben for this nice secure plugin.
+1.