MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Redirect URL Hit Counter plugin - Update to Last version?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I'm inquiring about an Issue related to updating the site.
When I update the site to the last version; the saved hits of redirects by this plugin "Redirect URL Hit Counter" gets reset.
So why? I want when I update the website the "Hits of Redirects" still be Saved. How I can do this?
Please help me so I can update my website freely without losing any saved data of hits.
Thanks in advance. Smile
Plugin is out of date and compatibility is marked as 14*.  Developer doesn't appear to be active judging by the link you supplied.  Unless someone updates the code, I would say you need to look for a replacement.  Not aware of any myself, but perhaps someone can help.

cheers...
(2020-07-22, 12:23 AM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]Plugin is out of date and compatibility is marked as 14*.  Developer doesn't appear to be active judging by the link you supplied.  Unless someone updates the code, I would say you need to look for a replacement.  Not aware of any myself, but perhaps someone can help.

cheers...
Well,
Can you provide me any compatible plugin as replacement of it?
You quoted what I said, but not sure you read it:

Quote:Not aware of any myself, but perhaps someone can help.
(2020-07-23, 03:39 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]You quoted what I said, but not sure you read it:

Quote:Not aware of any myself, but perhaps someone can help.
Ok,
Can you tell me where this plugin saves the data?
So I can edit on it easily or that's not possible?
(2020-07-25, 12:28 PM)iKsu Wrote: [ -> ]Ok,
Can you tell me where this plugin saves the data?
So I can edit on it easily or that's not possible?

Hi Iksu

Just had a quick look. The plugin is saving the amount of hits in the database tableforums, inside the linktohits column.

I'm suspecting the MyBB upgrade might do something on the third-party (non-MyBB original) database columns.

As a quick fix, you could manually put the values back after an upgrade, or you'd have to find a new plugin which saves the data in a separate database table. The issue is that this could happen for every MyBB upgrade.

If you want a more permanent fix, I could make this custom plugin for a very affordable price with more functionality if wanted. Feel free to send me a message.

Kind regards

Kevin
(2020-07-25, 10:28 PM)KevinVR Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Iksu

Just had a quick look. The plugin is saving the amount of hits in the database tableforums, inside the linktohits column.

I'm suspecting the MyBB upgrade might do something on the third-party (non-MyBB original) database columns.

As a quick fix, you could manually put the values back after an upgrade, or you'd have to find a new plugin which saves the data in a separate database table. The issue is that this could happen for every MyBB upgrade.

If you want a more permanent fix, I could make this custom plugin for a very affordable price with more functionality if wanted. Feel free to send me a message.

Kind regards

Kevin
Well,
I tried the method you provided and It worked fine.
So it's successfully edited with no issues.
Thanks a lot. Big Grin