MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Max Upload / Post Size 2M / 8 M
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi in the admin control panel In the Tools & Maintenance in System Health Stats

Max Upload / Post Size i see 2M / 8 M How i Can change that For less like
Max 7 kb ?
Honestly, 7KB is absolutely nothing. 2MB is considered a good default.
hi , i know but is not respond to my questions how to change the value, A virus inside a picture or a file on board can infect the server , this is why 7 ko is Can Be allowed Certain picture like icon or banner are 7 ko example .. Is just a Security paranoid Step to secure a think a Board .. is like what mybb Recommend To Not Allow url pasting .. Why they recommend that ? Because is Can be dangerous and is 1 Thing but a lot of other way is need to secure A board..

Thanks you for your reply and good day
(2020-07-21, 11:28 PM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]A virus inside a picture or a file on board can infect the server

A virus on a file will still be on your server no matter what the upload size is. It's pretty unlikely it'll physically DO anything to your server though - Linux doesn't work that way.

Dropping it to a stupidly low value so you can't upload an avatar, even, won't fix that.
@malcom5322: if you really want a full protection: don't have any website and don't rent any shell.
You must remind that you're using an internet connection, so potentialy someone is analyzing your traffic and tries to access your private data, or penetrating your computer to establish a new botnet...
thanks guys for your feedback i already know that , is because before learn for host a website i have learn about kali linux and Payload and listener ... the fat rat , phantom evasion etc .. Just for Know more in informatics etc ... i have see is easy for hacker to Hack someone with a picture and a virus inside and for detect is 99 % impossible if is a new virus not know by anti virus ... is Named Fud ... Btw .. That my passion the informatics ...

Good day I am here only For Learn more and make better The Board !
i Do not pretend to be A pro ... Again I am here to learn..
(2020-07-22, 09:15 AM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]is because before learn for host a website i have learn about kali linux and Payload and listener

No, you don't. Stop overcomplicating this.
* Crazycat is now blocking malcom5322 <Reason: useless threads>