MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: need a mailing-list? look here for the hack (sort of)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
MyBB is a project that has started being important enough to me, as to need a mailing-list. As in, maybe security updates, or new releases, or just plain ANYthing. I found that "Mailman" being an open-source python app is well-suited to manage mail-list subscriptions, but then I ain't staff. Wink

Most of all, I wanted to know when a new version gets released, since I don't visit here much, and I'd like to immediately know upon a release. And the (admittedly) cute guys here haven't yet setup a mailing-list, or maybe I could not find it. Therefore, I whipped up a solution for myself. I figured that since any new releases would certainly be announced in the announcements forum, and MyBB supports RSS feeds of entire forum, I could subscribe to that and fix my addiction:

RSS 2.0

True, its a bit klunky but atleast the objective is met! Just copy/paste the above link into your RSS reader, and subscribe to that feed. You will never miss a MyBB release again.

Enjoy!
Thats what the syndication system is there for Smile

If anyone uses firefox than just add a live bookmark.
Gilded Wrote:Thats what the syndication system is there for Smile
Ah, but a _real_ mailing list would be that much more easier.
All that'd have to be sent thru it would be updates and any critical news..