MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Plugins/Easy Install error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When ever, and what ever mod I try to auto install I always get this error:

The text below was captured from the plugin creator's web site
http://www.decswxaqz.co.uk/plugins/plugi...&install=1

The 'Advanced Plugin' plugin has detected that the code below is NOT PHP.
If the examine the code and it is indeed PHP, then please ignore this warning and click the button below to install the plugin.
If the code below does not resemble PHP (if you don't know PHP then it's probably safer to use the "Check for update" link instead) please install the plugin manually.

Code

I don't know if you're the person who emails me but no matter...

It's because there is no update to the plugin.
http://www.decswxaqz.co.uk/plugins/plugi...&install=0

If you click on the above link (which is called "Check for update" on your plugins page) then you will see that there is no update for that plugin (or any plugin). I don't know why it returns one, but it might be a success code from my server, I don't know. But there are no plugin updates as of yet, that is why it is returning 1.

It's not an error Smile
But, this is 'auto install', not 'check for updates'. Should I click continue anyway?

and no, I'm not the one emailing you emails!
lol, sorry. Just been getting someone with the same problem.

Yes but for "Auto Install" to work, it needs to have a new version to install. Please don't click continue as this will cause your plugin file to be overwritten with 1!
The "Check for updates" button will send you to a web page to look for new updates. It will tell you if there are new updates and what you should do. If there are new updates, then use the "Auto Install" button to install the updates. But you should only use the "Auto Install" button when there are updates.

Generally, if it says don't install then you shouldn't. The plugin checks to see if the PHP tag is there. If it is then it will say it should be ok to install. If the PHP tag isn't there then there might be a problem with the plugin creators site or the "Advanced Plugins" plugin.

Maybe I should use some different wording instead of "Auto Install"... maybe "Install updates"...
That makes ALOT more sense =D!